[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The Honest Way Forum • View topic - New Layout!

New Layout!

All forum news and announcements. **PLEASE READ THE RULES OF THE FORUM HERE BEFORE POSTING ANYWHERE!**

Only admin can post here, btw!

Moderators: magnetize, Oosha, ftello, shezz, Janice

New Layout!

Postby Tel » Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:41 am

Hi all, just thought I'd better mention the new layout of the forum. I had a browse through a lot of different templates over the weekend and this one just looked right. I wanted it to be readable as a lot of the newer, glitzy ones had dark backgrounds which I find a strain on the eyes after a while. So here it is.

If anyone has any comments about it or maybe ways it could be improved please post in "comments and suggestions". I'll be looking at incorporating the site header and some links as well.

So, I hope you all like it :D
Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Re: New Layout!

Postby Tel » Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:16 am

Hi everyone.

I sort of threw this into the boiling pot to see what would happen. Yep, I just upgraded the board as you may have noticed!

This is a precursor to moving the whole kaboodle over to my new server probably on Tuesday if I can stay awake long enough. For some unknown reason I'm still sitting here doing stuff and its 5:15 in the morning and no, I didn't just get up, I just didn't go to bed!

So apologies if anyone tried to sign on in the last hour or so while I fretted at whether this would work or not as I had to have the board disabled so I could back everything up and install the new version.

If anyone has any problems logging in, it may be your password didn't translate properly, so if that's the case, simply use the "forgotten password" function to reset it.

Hope you all like it and it doesn't cause too many problems with the changes to layout and your user profiles (which is now called the User Control Panel) :mrgreen:
Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Postby shezz » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:03 am

Looks good Terry - you had me worried there for a minute I thought I'd clicked on the wrong forum :o

Now GO TO BED!!!
Shezz
shezz

Postby Tel » Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:21 pm

Thanks Shezz, what fun this has been!

As far as I can tell everything works ok except none of the user defined avatars have migrated across - don't know why that is but everyone you'll need to upload your avatars again! Sorry about that, but I guess nothings perfect and the main thing was getting all the posts and users migrated successfully.
Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Return to Forum Announcements