[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The Honest Way Forum • View topic - Creating content

Creating content

Discuss the whys and wherefors of article writing and publishing. NO ADS!

Moderators: magnetize, Oosha, ftello, shezz

Creating content

Postby Jerry » Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:05 am

A question about coming up with content, which is difficult for me as well as it is for a lot of others from the sounds of it.
I have several hundred ebooks on my hardrive many with (I forget the term) the right to use as I want.
Can I just copy content from these to create posts for a blog? Does Goog even have the content from ebooks indexed?
Would it be considered duplicate content? How much rewriting would you have to do?
I of course have already tried it but it seems hard to get the formatting right.
Just experimenting and wondering.
Jerry

Re: Creating content

Postby ejcross » Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:33 am

Google can index .pdf files as their results do come up at times. As for the copying of ebooks for your blog content, I'm not sure if that falls into the area of copyright protection or not, just depends on what the license is on each ebook.
|
ejcross

Postby Tel » Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:59 pm

I'll add to Elliott's answer in that if the ebooks are PLR you do have the right to copy the content into yoru blogs, but the downside to that is if you have PLR rights, then so do hundreds of other people who also have the ebooks, so you're only getting duplicate content, which G does not like...
Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Postby Jerry » Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:53 pm

How much do you have to change-edit content to make Goog think it's original?
I noticed one blog I put content in jumped to a PR4!
Anyway just trying different things out.
Thanks for your input.
Jerry

Postby DeMerchant » Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:09 pm

Hard to give an exact number... The more the merrier

Get Links With , , , , and
DeMerchant

Postby bgmacaw » Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:15 pm

A demo of how much Google loves duplicate content across domains: .

It's the links and site authority that count.
Frank Carr from at OpTempo |
| |
bgmacaw

Postby Chili » Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:54 pm

So duplicate content is ok? I use a lot of it, actually, but I always wonder if I'd get better traffic if I rewrote more of the PLR I use.
Chili

Postby bgmacaw » Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:37 pm

It's 'OK' in that Google won't directly penalize you for using it. The problem is that you will need to have a lot more links and build some site authority (high PR links from sites Google considers an authority, domain age, etc.) to overcome having duplicate content when it comes to ranking.

I ran a test a while ago on OpTempo where I posted a raw PLR article and a rewrite of it. The original PLR is on page 37 for the keywords while the rewrite is in position 4 on Page 1. Another PLR article I used is on Page 1 and it just has a new title, opening paragraph and closing paragraph.

So, if you want to rank easily, it's a good idea to rewrite or to add to the content. If you've got a good link building system in place or if you just want to use the content for a farm blog that you don't care if it ranks or not, then you can use it raw.
| |
bgmacaw

Postby Chili » Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:46 am

That's the best explanation of using duplicate content I've come across anywhere. Thank you!
Chili

Postby Brawnydt » Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:43 am

Brawnydt

Postby bgmacaw » Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:07 pm

My observation is that "30-50 unique words, forming unique, parseable sentences that other sites/pages do not have" only applies to onsite duplication, not duplication across the Internet. All I have to do is search on stuff like music lyrics and news stories to discover that's the case. He is certainly in the 'Content is King' camp. It's funny how he presents his examples and then points out several sites that violate them with ease essentially on the basis of their link authority.
| |
bgmacaw

Postby Jerry » Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:05 am

I started this thread, but haven't been back till now, glad I made it back, excellent info just what I wanted to know. thanks
Jerry

Postby Brawnydt » Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:07 pm

I've got a question, I guess it has to do with rewriting content. I'm using AMA, and usually I rewrite my articles until they are up to 200-300% rewritten. Is this overkill? Would I be better off writing more articles with less rewritten material? I only ask because now that I've started using "the blogs we control" network, I'm seeing most people send in articles that are less than 100% rewritten, sometimes way less.

Or is it just a matter of more is always better?
Brawnydt

Postby James » Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:52 pm

I push them to 300% myself because I want the best out of them. I do that because I noticed that articles with low % get indexed slower on my own AMA blogs or not indexed at all.

It actually all depends on the blog your AMA articles will land to, but so far, most of them do not have authority or PR. This is why I try to rewrite them a bit more. Hope this helps.
James

Postby Brawnydt » Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:54 pm

Yes it does. I felt the same way, just wanted to be sure I wasn't crazy. Or maybe all of us here are equally crazy together... never considered that option... :shock:
Brawnydt

Return to Article Writing