[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The Honest Way Forum • View topic - dagon design speak naturally or easy or whatever it is

dagon design speak naturally or easy or whatever it is

Discuss the whys and wherefors of article writing and publishing. NO ADS!

Moderators: magnetize, Oosha, ftello, shezz

dagon design speak naturally or easy or whatever it is

Postby ejcross » Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:34 pm

ok, so i am sitting here hen pecking with my one good arm and it looks like i might be down for 3 to 4 months with my shoulder.

is dagon software speech to text a good deal? easy to learn and operate? does it work with the same headset you would use with skype?

i am thinking if i can't type fast, might as well talk my blogs to death... :lol:
|
ejcross

Re: dagon design speak naturally or easy or whatever it is

Postby Tel » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:58 am

That sounds like a plan. I remember having Dragon speech software 10 years ago and it worked ok then with a standard headset. I imagine newer versions of the software have evolved a lot since then, so it must be worth a shot if you can talk enough.

I found I ran out of things to say too soon then blocked up, so I actually type faster than I talk LMAO!!
Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Postby James » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:37 pm

LMAO Same here Terry. I used it 2 or 3 months ago, but discovered that I write faster. Screw the technology, my hands are quicker!
James

Postby ejcross » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:54 pm

thanks for the replies, but i type faster with two hands, but one arm is in a sling and i can't use it to type...might give it a try and see...
|
ejcross

Postby Coaster » Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:24 pm

I think I have mentioned before that Vista has speech recognition built in so you could use that first before you go full bore with Dragon.
Laying on the beach in Queensland
Coaster

Postby janetra » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:34 pm

I recently started using Dragon Naturally Speaking and I find it excellent. I tried it years ago and it was pretty bad but it's improved enormously. It has really speeded up my article writing. It makes a few mistakes here and there but for me it's way faster than typing. Unlike the earlier versions you don 't have to train it by reading lots of boring text. You can pick your style of speaking (british english, american english etc) and it's pretty accurate straight out of the box.
janetra

Postby daddyO » Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:23 pm

It takes a while for Dragon to get used to your natural way of speaking. But once it does, it's a whole lot faster for typing. I know for me it's difficult, since I'm not the most articulate speaker and don't always enunciated as well as I should. I wrote a 500 word article the other day about five minutes. It was something I was knowledgeable about, so it was easy to talk about it in a very conversational style. I still had to go back and edit it afterwards as Dragon messed up a few of my words. The editing usually takes longer for me than the speaking, so the more accurate you can train Dragon to be, the better. For me a better headset was important, because of the way I speak. Generally speaking, a better headset will improve Dragon's accuracy rate. This is the one I'm using, and this was the best price I could find for online h**p://www.pcconnection.com/IPA/Shop/Product/Detail.htm?sku=5679041&oext

In case you're wondering, I used Dragon to write this reply :-D
daddyO

Postby James » Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:58 pm

$70 for a headset? Wow. I can get a new CPU for that price. Mine were 10 buck only and work like a charm.

Oh man, I do love cheap :mrgreen:
James

Postby Coaster » Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:23 am

Daddy, are you able to use a Bluetooth headset? I use BT for skype on my notebook so I am guessing yes.
Laying on the beach in Queensland
Coaster

Postby daddyO » Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:42 pm

Yes, I think you can use a Bluetooth headset. Mine isn't, but I believe you can use one. As far as paying for a more expensive headset, it's all about the accuracy of Dragon. I find, I spend more time editing, than speaking. But, like I said, I don't have the most articulate voice. So, the extra $ were worth it for me. There's lots of discussion about using Dragon in this thread: h**p://www.blackhatworld.com/blackhat-seo/making-money/23925-easiest-quickest-100-day-i-know.html
daddyO

Return to Article Writing