[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The Honest Way Forum • View topic - Questions on Articles and other crappy links

Questions on Articles and other crappy links

Discuss the whys and wherefors of article writing and publishing. NO ADS!

Moderators: magnetize, Oosha, ftello, shezz

Questions on Articles and other crappy links

Postby strathy » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:34 pm

These questions are probably answered elsewhere, but I still having problems understanding this:

OK - I've made my money blog - got several Keyword rich posts going on and more in the works - now I'm ready to do some article work and linking. I've written a good 1000 word article and now....

1. Do I submit that article to as many article directories as I can or do I have to rewrite it each time I submit it? Vic seems to say submit the same article 300 times, but I think Griz and others say to not do that as they get flagged as identical content and end up giving no juice at all to my blog. Which is best?

2. For my main money blog or adsense blog - I should still be trying to get crappy links to it as well, right? Stuff like do-follows, reciprocal links and article links - crap like that ... just not the LV and BS stuff ... is this correct?

Thanks Everyone.
Let the dirt just shower over you!
strathy

Re: Questions on Articles and other crappy links

Postby korprit » Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:51 pm

as always, others can and SHOULD correct me if i am wronge (PLEASE DO)...dupe content (as far as i am aware) only hurts if it is dupe of other content on SAME site. duping other site content and posting it does not hurt. however, if it is identical to somewhere else and posted AFTER the identical content, you will be in the nether regions of the SERPs at best. i think you might overcome that with more authority links, but i am not sure. that means if you submit same exact article to many directories, you probably will NOT get credit for most of them if anything above just one of them. use jetspinner and write a spinnable article. then everything you submit is unique. problem solved

crap links help with indexing, good links help with authority. thats my outlook. blogroll trades are not crap either, imo. none of them hurt. using BS and LV on money site is only dangerous if you don't want to expose your money site/niche. if you don't care, then do those as well.
korprit

Re: Questions on Articles and other crappy links

Postby Tel » Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:37 am

Kor pretty much summed it all up there.

If you want the best link juice, it will come from links placed in original articles. No question about that. Links placed in dup content will still count, but will not carry much if any juice for the purposes of ranking in the SERPs.

When it comes to actually ranking in the SERPs, there are exceptions such as news sites who all syndicate each other's stories all the time and still rank top. So they must (we believe) ride that wave thanks to a ton of backlinks to the site's homepage and deep subpages which leech juice down to each new story published. Another exception, as Frank loves to point out is song lyrics sites. Yep, all dup content yet they rank top of SERPs. Again it can only be fueled by backlinks.
Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Return to Article Writing