[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The Honest Way Forum • View topic - How To Write Quick

How To Write Quick

Discuss the whys and wherefors of article writing and publishing. NO ADS!

Moderators: magnetize, Oosha, ftello, shezz

How To Write Quick

Postby lissie » Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:22 am

Dinhero asked this question in a different thread - but i thought it deserved a thread of its own. Now lets preface this to say I am talking about my native language here! Dinhero - I think your English is impecible but I do think you have a hurdle re writing in a 2nd language!

Now I have used various spinners and PLR stuff. The short version for me is that the best spinner is the one incorporated in AMA - but its still tedious. BCW is fantastic for the semi-legit stuff and the best program that I have come across for this stuff, but I can't submit to ezinearticles LOL

I think I have found a solution - you will see the promo for the clickbank product in the 2nd half of this hub http://hubpages.com/hub/Using-EzineArti ... h-Hubpages - its a tad overpriced IMHO but you guys are IMers and no how to return a product right! I used his method and it worked - though eza and I have a disagreement on the "story hub" - its not published yet as I right this. Short version is

Right an outline - 3 main points 2/3 subs for each point that should be enough for 400 words

Write the article

First para - nice first sentence tell the reader what their problem is - then say what you are going to say -
Next para point 1 intor sentence , sentence on each of the sub ptns. Waffle sentence segues onto
Para 2 - repeat with ptn 2
Para 3 repeat wtih ptn 3
Finale - mention what you just said and point out how your resource box will sort the reader's problem out.

OK that was the hard bit. Take the same basic points:
Rewrite in FAQ form
Rewrite as a Quiz
Restate as mistakes /errors i.e. the opposite.
Make it specific to a niche e.g. college students

You get the idea - each article is totally unique - each time is quicker because you are using the same material over and over.

With the outsourcing what i am doing at the moment is outsourcing my content for my hub -say - and then using this as the basic research to create the articles - its kinda second langauge for me to cause my topics are for the US market in areas of finance and mortgage where the language and issues are totally different from where I live.

Hope this helps
Lis
and Controversy!
lissie

Re: How To Write Quick

Postby Tel » Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:37 am

My most used description on how to write a good article was one that Steve Wagenheim once told me in my early writing days. Break an article into three sections.1: Intro paragraph roughly 100 words, 2: body of three to four paragraph roughly 300 words, 3: conclusion paragraph roughly 100 words.

If you remember this, you'll write good 500 word articles every time:

1. Tell them what you are going to tell them
2. Tell them
3. Tell them what you just told them

One last recommendation: Keep it simple and don't sweat the small stuff! :mrgreen:
Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Postby Brawnydt » Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:55 pm

For finding resource material I use this search string (replacing MyKeyword with... my keyword):
Brawnydt

Postby korprit » Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:10 pm

lol brawny....love it
korprit

Postby dinheiro » Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:45 pm

Brawnydt, that was precious :)

Lis and Terry, thank you for this thread, it's gold. I think now the problem of writing is training. I'm assuming now, if i begin to write like Lis, Terry, Benk, after some articles, the speed will increase, and at some point in time, i'll produce articles in about 7-10 minutes :) and i'll definitively leave the spinning of articles.

One question more, for you that use the BCW from Frank Carr, do you "copy-paste" what the program produces, or do you rewrite the text that the tool produces?
|
dinheiro

Postby Tel » Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:48 pm

I always add an intro paragraph in my own words and then spend a few minutes to clean up the BCW text to read better. A single sentence to complete it and its done!

I never use raw BCW without at least a little tidying up.
Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Postby dinheiro » Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:55 pm

|
dinheiro

Postby dgodot » Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:20 pm

I've been getting good lately at churning out very long articles using lots of long-tails, and my primary tactic is to just pretend I am talking aloud. I do my best to never allow my fingers to stop typing.

So rather than think to myself "How does this next keyword fit into the content?" I will literally be typing "There is also something else that fits into this issue, and that is what we refer to as 'keyword.' When I think about this keyword it makes me consider this other side issue that some of you may have already explored. Let us now take a look much closer at the implications of the keyword..." And on and on and on.

I can usually do 1000 words in about 30 minutes that way.

In other words, don't think about how you are going to write the article, but rather allow the article to be a conversation about itself. Postmodernisme.
dgodot

Postby zania » Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:13 am

zania

Postby dreamscaper » Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:33 am

Stephen
dreamscaper

Postby dinheiro » Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:39 am

@dgodot, thanks for the tip, i think i'll get there, but not yet, i know my limits, and 1000 words in 30 minutes is not for me, yet.

@stephen, my old method involves the using of plr and free content. I mix a couple of related articles, i add some words of mine, and finally i put the article at Magic Article Wizard and i Spin.
Now, i'm really trying to write really original articles, i only begin yesterday, i produced 5 articles, 22 minutes each. some say it's normal, and after some more articles, that time will be reduced. I really hope this is true, because my time for IM is only a couple of hours a day.
|
dinheiro

Postby dgodot » Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:40 pm

Just dropping in for a quick woot! cause I'm on fire today. I'm dropping 400-word posts complete with categories, tags, and outgoing links at a rate of 15 minutes each. Whole new niche site in just over an hour :-)
dgodot

Postby Brawnydt » Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:00 pm

Great job! It's like a muscle that you work out. The more you write the easier it is to just pump out the words. :)
Brawnydt

Postby andyls » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:03 pm

--
Shalom from Israel!
Andy Levy-Stevenson
andyls

Return to Article Writing