[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The Honest Way Forum • View topic - Article Submission Software

Article Submission Software

Discuss the whys and wherefors of article writing and publishing. NO ADS!

Moderators: magnetize, Oosha, ftello, shezz

Article Submission Software

Postby Tel » Thu May 24, 2007 12:33 pm

There have been several pieces of software thrust at articles writers in the past, claiming to be able to write all the articles you ever wanted. They ranged from the barely usable to the downright useless, producing bland, uninteresting and often unintelligible pieces of what can only be described as keyword stuffed rubbish.

They certainly wouldn’t be good enough to grab your readers’ attention in order to keep them at your site and coming back often to see what’s new. More likely it would frighten them away, never to return.

So when a new piece of software hits the cyber shops claiming to be the best thing in article writing software, I’m sceptical, to say the least.

I got an email from Mike Filsaime this morning telling me that just such a piece of software had been added to the paydotcom database for affiliates to go out and market. Well, I probably would have passed on that, except he mentioned its author.

Jonathan Leger, the bloke who gave us $7 secrets among other things, is behind this latest one. That got my attention.

I checked out his sales page and it all sounds really good. Possibly worth promoting even, as, let’s face it, I’m in this business to sell things that have the potential to sell well and earn my wages. So I set up my own promotion campaign and I’m giving it a whirl.

So I’ve bought it and tried it out, right?

Nope.

While I realise that to truly promote a product you need not only to know what it is all about and how it works, but to have it there in front of you so you can try it yourself and then write a truly honest appraisal of its merits and failings, I don’t believe you absolutely have to have it. Not if you’re not going to at least use it.

And I can put my hand on my heart and say with all honesty, any software that wants to write my articles for me is not welcome in my house.

Why?

My articles are just that. Mine. I might get my information from other people’s writings and websites, or I might read a book from the library which will inspire my next piece, but what flows onto my PC screen is the result of my dubious typing skills and the creative juices flowing in my brain is all mine. My style. My words. My article!

So although my promotional pitch is that this great product will save it’s purchaser an awful lot of time spent researching and writing articles, I still prefer to do it myself, because then I can sit back and say with all honesty, “I wrote that!”

But that’s me. If anyone else wants to save themselves a heap of time and create plenty of readable and useful content for their sites it’s called “Instant Article Wizard”. You can get your hands on it and try it for yourself by following the link (or several) to the sales page on the Products Page of The Honest Way site as well as the latest post in the Blog and make me happy as I’ll earn some affiliate commission!

Nobody’s perfect… 8)
Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Postby magnetize » Tue May 29, 2007 7:34 am

It's funny you mention that Terry,

I asked Steven this question about 4 weeks ago. I stumbled across the same software and thought wow, how about saving some time and let this software do my job. I guess I was looking for an easy way out. :D Anyway Steven's answer was not to be mistaken and along the lines of what you wrote. After another studying of the software and my own motivations, I had to be honest with myself and decide to do it the hard way but the true way. Writing my own. After all, that's what IM is all about. Creating our own INC. and making it happen. And this takes work incl writing our own unique content. Using the software would just be looking for a quick fix. And I know by now that this doesn't work!

Monika :P

magnetize

Postby Oosha » Thu May 31, 2007 7:46 pm

You are right Terry. Writing is a passion and reflects the character of the writer. What does any software know what we have in our mind and what we wish to express.

Having said that, it could be useful for people who cannot write or for those who have no inclination to, but have to. We all know that in IM, writing plays a very important role in terms of advertising and convincing people to check out what one has to offer, and not everybody can afford to hire a writer or buy articles.

It could have it's share of users.

If the review I read at whydowork is anything to go by, this software just copies the text as it is from the internet. I wonder what a non-writer would do with them since he obviously cannot use them as they are.

What does that mean? Writers will not use it and non-writers cannot use it. Now I am curious to see how it sells.

Yep, nobody's perfect...how can we expect the software to be perfect. :roll:

Oosha

Postby shezz » Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:59 pm

I agree, although I admit I got a article content spinner which came as a bonus with something else I purchased and I installed it and had a look at it. It was so confusing and actually was quite time consuming setting it all up for it to change one article into more.

Not worth it, I know it was only a cheap program, but from what I've heard some of the more expensive ones are like that too, you have to take a heap of time setting it up, telling it what words you want to change and what replacement words it can use.

I think if you're going to go through all that you might as well just be writing them all.
Shezz
shezz

Return to Article Writing