[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The Honest Way Forum • View topic - Updating and typos

Updating and typos

Discuss the whys and wherefors of article writing and publishing. NO ADS!

Moderators: magnetize, Oosha, ftello, shezz

Updating and typos

Postby Tel » Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:11 am

Writing articles is something that I enjoy doing - as well as writing in general. But I'm as human as anyone when it comes to those dreaded typos.

I was going through all my website's files yesterday to make a small change to the title and opening paragraph. That included of all my articles (8 of them plus the template). I could not believe all the typos I found while re-reading them!

Which means I now have to read through the small ebook I put together as a giveaway, because most of the content consists of those articles - mistakes and all!!!

Isn't writing a great past time! :?
Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Postby Tel » Sat Mar 31, 2007 7:47 am

Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Postby ftello » Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:53 am

| |
ftello

Postby Oosha » Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:01 am

Terry,

Do the articles for CC have to be professional. I mean what standard of writing do they expect for articles to be accepted? Will an amateur writer be considered at all?

Oosha

Postby Tel » Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:29 am

Usha,

I'm certainly no professional writer and I think most people who write for CC are the same. The standard expected is fairly good, but as long as your articles are intereting and free of spelling and basic grammatical errors they'll accept them.

I've only had one rejected so far and that was because I went into ramble mode a bit too deeply!

If you have Steven's "Killer Content in 30 Minutes" that tells you exactly what format to write in.

You in answer to your question, anyone will be considered as long as they can write reasonably well and they can spell (or use a good spell checker). Proof reading prior to submission is always a good idea too - something I believe you're very good at! :D

I'm going to put a post on my blog today about CC with a load more information about it that might help you to decide if it is something you'd like to do.
Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

CC

Postby Oosha » Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:48 pm

Terry,

LOL- You don't forget anything, do you :)

I guess I can manage writing a decent article. I have everything Steven had written and I did go through his book on article writing.

I tend to go on and on, and if that's not acceptable, I need to work on that, and I should do okay.

Looking forward to that post on CC. May be I'll give it a try.

Thanks

Usha

Oosha

Writing Articles

Postby magnetize » Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:42 am

Hi guys,
Allow me to add to the discussion about writing articles. As you Terry I was also a bit ticked off by Associate Content for not allowing anybody outside the USA to contribute and get paid. It sucks a bit. But then like you, I joined Constant Content and submitted 3 articles to get started. I already sold one and it was actually a blog entry only. So I'm really happy and will keep using them. I shows that we don't need to be a professional writer to get paid. Having said that, there are however some rules we have to follow and checking your articles for mistakes before submitting certainly helps the approval process.
All in all I love my writing and am fascinated by what can be done and that we can get paid doing this! :wink:
Monika

magnetize

Re: Updating and typos

Postby lissie » Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:58 am

This is the first time Ive heard of constant content and it seems like an excellent option compared to AC
Lis
and Controversy!
lissie

Postby Tel » Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:53 pm

Lissie, I just published an article with some tips on how to get the nest out of Constant Content on my blog at http://terrydidcott.com/writing/constan ... r-writers/ if you are thinking about giving it a go. I wrote it as so many people ask me about it, so I hope the article will iron out some of the CC writing wrinkles!
Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Postby lissie » Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:35 pm

Thanks Terry- I'm off to read it!
Lis
and Controversy!
lissie

Postby Gotafish » Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:59 pm

Excellent article Terry I'm not much of a writer myself but I'm trying to get my daughter involved who loves to write.
Gotafish

Return to Article Writing