[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The Honest Way Forum • View topic - WARNING! Submitting PLR Articles to Ezine Articles

WARNING! Submitting PLR Articles to Ezine Articles

Discuss the whys and wherefors of article writing and publishing. NO ADS!

Moderators: magnetize, Oosha, ftello, shezz

WARNING! Submitting PLR Articles to Ezine Articles

Postby Tel » Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:20 pm

Oh, oh. Here's a timely warning for you about article submissions.

I just submitted two articles to Ezine Articles to promote my new site. I thought to save myself a bit of work and use two of the PLR articles I got from Marc at My One Stop.

I changed them a bit as his writing isn't the best, but just got an email from Ezine Articles saying it was a duplicate article and my account was suspended!

They have obviously tightened up their submissions criteria!

They gave me the link to the offending "original" and lo and behold, there is was, written not by Marc but by Jeff Camer published on buzzle.com in 2006.

Now I've had to eat humble pie and plead for my account back and promise never to do it again.

I'll let you know if they do or not...
Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Postby Oosha » Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:07 am

Aww Terry!

I am sorry you had to get your account suspended. Hopefully, it should be reinstated soon.

What can I say Terry, except that these things should give us confidence that we are way ahead ...

Why don't you subscribe to 'copyscape.com'. It costs $5 for 100 checks and that's pretty reasonable.

If you just copy and paste your article in that, it shows if it is duplicate content and the number of instances it has been repeated.

Usha

Oosha

Postby Tel » Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:46 pm

Thanks Usha - yes I've heard of copyscape - MPAM use it to check articles submitted to them. I'll look at that...

Although I should have been less hasty and completely reworded the articles before I submitted them. :oops:
Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Postby Tel » Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:51 am

Well, I got away with that one. My sincere apology was accepted my the editor and he re-instated my account.

Had that been as strict as Google I would have lost it forever!

Ok, now to sit down and write some of my own content for Ezine Articles and get that new site of mine boosted into the World of the Known and get it spidered by the SE's!
Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Postby Tel » Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:55 am

Correction - the new site HAS already been spidered by Google!

That must be because its a subdomain of The Honest Way, which, thanks to this forum, is spidered several times a day by the SE's so they must go over the entire site and all its pages, directories and subdomains!

So this proves one SEO fact that it is a very quick way to get a new site spidered by the SE's! Methinks that snippet can go in my new ebook!
Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Postby Oosha » Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:33 am

I am glad you are out of trouble Terry! :roll:

You have mastered all aspects of IM and it sounds exciting when you know what exactly needs to be done with an end result in mind.

Usha

Oosha

Postby Tel » Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:46 am

Thanks Usha. I submitted an article to ezine articles and got the acceptance yesterday, so that makes me happy!

As for mastering all aspects of IM, mmm, the jury is still out there. I think of someone like Steve Wagenheim and realise that I haven't really scratched the surface yet! :cry:

Ok, I know a lot of things, but until I can turn that knowledge into hard cash then I think I'm far from mastership... but that doesn't dampen my spirits but the opposite, in fact! Knowing that there are people like Steve who do make a generous and honest living from the internet spurs me onwards, because I truly believe that my goal is achievable and that I can achieve it.

It's all a matter of time, work and patience! 8)
Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Postby Gotafish » Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:44 am

Gotafish

Postby Tel » Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:26 am

Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Postby Fiar » Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:17 pm