[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The Honest Way Forum • View topic - Article Marketer

Article Marketer

Discuss the whys and wherefors of article writing and publishing. NO ADS!

Moderators: magnetize, Oosha, ftello, shezz

Article Marketer

Postby jaggerstone » Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:37 am

Has anyone ever checked their links through SEO Elite after doing an article run with article marketer. I was surprised to see that articlesbase.com has a nofollow for my articles. Very few of the other article directories have nofollow, not even ezinearticles.com and they have a PR6.

Strange.
jaggerstone

Re: Article Marketer

Postby dgodot » Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:09 am

Yeah I was disappointed to see that nofollow on articlebase as well, but that is the only directory I've seen so far that doesn't follow the links. Cheap bastards.
dgodot

Postby James » Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:25 am

Can you guys tell me how many links do you see from articles you sent via Article Marketer, in Yahoo or SEO Elite? I ask that because my current software sends article to more then 200 directories, but I can see only 30 links pointing to the post I've sent article 3 months ago.
James

Postby dgodot » Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:56 pm

I've only had my AM subscription for a couple weeks, but all the articles I submitted in the first day or two now have between 800 and 2000 occurrences in Yahoo. I'm pretty impressed :)

The free version was garbage. I had submitted a single article which just sat there for months. When I upgradedm it even showed that it had been distributed 0 times. No way would I have upgraded if Court had not been so adamant that it works great for him, and he was totally right.
dgodot

Postby James » Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:23 pm

Wow, that really is something. I guess I'll have to subscribe too, because the software I use submits to 200 to 300 directories, but after 3 months I see only 30 links per URL from articles. What a scam.
James

Postby James » Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:31 pm

I am so pissed right now and want to delete my article submission software because I get about 20 backlinks when submitting and article to 300 directories.

Is there anyone besides dgodot who can tell me about their Personal Experiences with Article Marketer? What I want to know is how many links from one posted article can you actually see in Yahoo?

I want to buy a subscription but I really have to be careful with my investment, since those $249 are almost an average salary in my country.

Thanks anyone who gives some input here.
James

Postby DeMerchant » Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:35 pm

Court raves about it... so it's gotta be worth something... from what I've read of his he thinks of Article Marketer like Vic thinks of BMD

Personally I got a 3 month sub and got pissed off by it and never used it... but think I'm going to try it again now that I'm doing less of my own writing.

Get Links With , , , , and
DeMerchant

Postby nicola » Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:01 pm

I've just cancelled my AM sub - I did't see very good results and felt my time could be better spent elsewhere.
nicola

Postby James » Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:26 pm

@DeMerchant
Can you explain why did you get pissed of? No backlinks or...

@nicola
If you don't want to use AM, what else you have in mind as a substitute for it?

Seems you two have completely different experience than dgodot up there. Hm, confusing.
James

Postby DeMerchant » Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:46 pm

My problem is probably one of their reasons for success... they were so tight on my articles... like I'd write a product review, but you're not allowed to promote so I had to re-write and talk about at least 2 alternatives...

Just way too strict editorial guidelines mainly

Get Links With , , , , and
DeMerchant

Postby James » Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:50 pm

Ah, I get you. Yeah, that can be annoying. Especially if you have to rewrite it several times.
James

Postby nicola » Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:01 pm

I took a look at the sites my articles were appearing on and they were all v.low (usually 0) PR. I'm going to go down the Hubpages/Squidoo/blog route instead which I think will serve me better for what I want to achieve.
nicola

Postby James » Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:12 pm

@Nicola
I understand that completely. I am also building, but need the links to them. Articles are one of the best way for that I think, since you can put 3 links in each one and the submitting process is automated.

Thanks for your reply, I really appreciate it.
James

Postby jaggerstone » Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:03 am

Article marketer = backlinks and anchor text!!! Lot's of them..sure most are crappy but if you use it enough, it adds up!
jaggerstone

Postby nicola » Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:43 am

I've just gone into Google Webmaster and I've got hundreds more links than last time I looked... maybe I was being a bit impatient!
nicola

Postby James » Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:05 am

Nicola, thanks for your input, I'm really glad you checked those links. This tells me that AM is really worth the money and I have to subscribe.
James

Postby aaronk » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:54 pm

Well I am pretty mixed on AM so far. I signed up on their quarterly plan, but dont think I will renew when it comes up. It seems like all of my articles are going to the same sites...anyone else experiencing the same. I also don't find any of them going into the top PR directories.

As far as content, it seems like the worse of an article I write, the easier it is to get it approved. Definitely write general, not specific. It was hard to write general after writing such specific content for my blogs.

I'm going to test out a few new blogs and only submit articles to the top article sites manually. Then I'll compare that with how AM sites are helping and see if its worth it to renew
aaronk

Return to Article Writing