[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The Honest Way Forum • View topic - Key Words

Key Words

Discuss the whys and wherefors of article writing and publishing. NO ADS!

Moderators: magnetize, Oosha, ftello, shezz

Key Words

Postby ftello » Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:02 pm

Hi Folks,

I read an article the other day that pretty much stated the use of key words in articles is going away. It said that the use of key words is getting to the point where some articles are loaded with keywords and not enough relevant content.

I guess what the author was talking about is this ; { Welcome to my home business opportunity site, here you will fine the best home business opportunities to start your home business}. I have ran into a few articles on my directory that are full of keywords like that. I don't post those on my directory.

The author stated that the search engines are looking to see more naturally written articles, with few strategically placed key words placed throughout the article.

Does anyone know if this is really the case with the search engines. Apparently Google has a patent on a new program for this.

Frank
| |
ftello

Postby Tel » Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:53 pm

Last I heard was the search engines preferred a keyword density of between 1% and 3% of the total word count in the bidy of an article. When I write, I try to keep it towards the low side, so just above 1% is my preference - that seems to work ok.

I know what you mean about over-stuffed articles that sound totally wooden and unnatural with overused keywords.

I just had a slight "keyword density" disagreement with MPAM over an article I submitted there - they don't actually specify what keyword density they want, just a generic "keyword rich" note in their article guidelines. I asked the editor about it and even she wasn't sure what the ideal was, but said it should be more than 1%. As they are mega search engine-orientated about their content, I'd go with that too.

I'm not surprised that google have a new program for this - they have one for just about everything else! :lol:
Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Postby Marc Meole » Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:24 pm

THe most important thing is to keep your articles readable. You can be ranked high for key words, but if a view is not taken by your writing they will just click away.

tips:
Keep key words to a min
Use your key words in naming you graphics on your page
Use your key word in back links to your page
Keep you sales copy readable

:wink:
Marc Meole

Re: Key Words

Postby cherie2710 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:53 pm

A article that is full of keywords make it unreadable and meaningless.
If your article is interesting, you can attract the readers.
Turn your readers to customers.
Cherie Ang

cherie2710

Return to Article Writing