[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The Honest Way Forum • View topic - question on articles...

question on articles...

Discuss the whys and wherefors of article writing and publishing. NO ADS!

Moderators: magnetize, Oosha, ftello, shezz

question on articles...

Postby Glacius » Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:59 am

ok, so I've been working my new site, trying to get it's ranking up. I've done a few article submissions, sub-sites, thinks of that nature. I've seen some of them appear then disappear on G. I've mainly been using them to boost the mini-sites, and for awhile one of my hub-pages was the #1 result, but it has since disappeared from G. Is this type of behavior normal, or is it an indication I'm doing something wrong?
Glacius

Re: question on articles...

Postby Tel » Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:55 am

This seems to be the norm with a new site - Google are not sure of it yet so will bounce it around for a while.
Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Postby Glacius » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:20 pm

one more question on articles and what not. Many of them show up in the search engines, but how do I make sure they're being counted as a backlink? I thought if I typed link: http://site it would tell me but it's not :( I even went further and setup google webmaster tools for my site and neither one of them are showing any backlinks (and with mini sites, articles, and forum posts I should be up about 50 or so at least for each)
Glacius

Postby ejcross » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:56 am

to check for backlinks, either use google (they are really picky) or use yahoo (they show all) like this:

link:http://www.yoursitehere.com

you can use the www or not, up to you.

If you want to see what is indexed, use this:

site:http://www.yoursitehere.com

I have found that sometimes I find different backlinks/indexed pages with and without the www part. Also, google is really picky and sometimes won't show any backlinks at all. You can check in your webmaster tools section of Google accounts and see if there are any listed there.

Yahoo is good in this area as they show all backlinks that they have found, however, remember that Google won't show as many.
|
ejcross

Postby Glacius » Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:02 am

yea, I'm starting to notice all this. Does google only count the backlinks it shows?

the niche that I'm going after the #1 site was a pr3 with only like 64 links showing in google. I didn't think that would take any time at all to take over. Maybe i'll check those sites on yahoo.

I did verify my sites for google webmaster tools, and they both show 0 links :(
Glacius

Postby nicola » Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:49 am

Google webmaster tools takes ages to show your links - Yahoo only takes a day or two.
nicola

Postby Glacius » Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:11 am

guess i gotta realize google is more like my wife then I wanted to think.... finicky, questions everything, and takes forever to get a simple task accomplished :(
Glacius

Return to Article Writing