[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The Honest Way Forum • View topic - Work At Home Schedules For Balancing Your Work Week

Work At Home Schedules For Balancing Your Work Week

Article writers post your articles here if you wish. NO ADS!

Moderators: magnetize, Oosha, ftello, shezz

Postby tam2005 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:53 pm

By Tammy Embrich

Typically a work at home professional uses a work schedule to get daily tasks completed. Are they really necessary? Does one make more money by checking off a to do list? It basically depends on lifestyle, your children and ages, your business needs, your family's needs, and how much time you need to work.

Work at home schedules aren't for everyone. Some people don't even follow any set routine. They just get up each day knowing what needs to be done and gets working. And yet some desperately needs a daily routine to keep them on track and successfully checking things off as the day unfolds. I for one, fall in the latter category. I'm not naturally organized, so I significantly benefit from a work from home schedule.

Below is my typical work schedule for the week (updated for the new year)

Tasks I do daily... First thing in the morning and last thing I do before turning in for the night, I check all emails and website stats. I also do my job lead search and postings in the morning after emails. Twitter networking is also on my daily things to do (depending on how my day is going). Forum rounds, for the ones I help moderate and a few of my favorites.

Monday - Website updates and backups, article idea searches, writing (for my own submissions and sites, guest blogging, ghostwriting)

Tuesday - Blog updates and blog rounds, writing (for my own submissions and sites, guest blogging, ghostwriting)

Wednesday - I try to make it to most forums on my list, then if time allows, I do more writing.

Thursday - Article idea searches and writing

Friday - I highlight the tasks that needs doing for the following week and check for any needed site updates. If time allows, more writing.

Evenings - Sometimes I work an hour or two, only if I feel like it or if needed. It's usually just 1 or 2 nights during the week, give or take.

Weekends - I work on weekends ONLY if I absolutely need to. Otherwise my weekends are for family and me time.

I realize that the above type of schedule won't work for everyone, as we are all unique and have various types of home businesses. For my business, I offer free work at home job leads and advice and this routine is ideal for me.

If you find yourself not getting things done (on time), you may benefit from a set schedule. Set one up that meets your individual needs. If you already have one and still find getting things done challenging, you may need to do some tweaking and also make a few lifestyle changes. I have a large desk calendar with ample space for listing tasks for each day of the week/month. It's in front of me at all times and I try to plan out each week every Friday. This helps me out immensely and makes me feel more in control of my business.

Article Written By Tammy Embrich

Tammy Embrich is the founder of , a free work at home resource website offering free job leads, work at home articles, home business ideas, and much more.

You can also visit for more work at home job leads, articles, and more.
Tammy

tam2005

Return to Articles