[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The Honest Way Forum • View topic - Backing Up!

Backing Up!

This is the place to cool off, put your feet up and discuss anything and everything related or unrelated to the online business sector. Chill and relax! NO ADS!

Moderators: magnetize, Oosha, ftello, shezz

Backing Up!

Postby Phillip » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:46 pm

If you are really creating an online business you want to have reliable backups of all your content, websites and plans - at least in my opinion. If you don't then you are at the risk of servers being hacked and cleared or some other shit and you will lose months, years of work. This shit happens very often - on a regular basis I hear someones wordpress site got hacked. Just recently I lost blogs because blogomonster got "cleared". And no, I did not have any offline backups of those articles - stupid me.

Your computer hardrive is not the best place to do backups since that is also quite vulnerable. Do one backup there, one on your external harddrive and one secure backup online.

If you want to have secure backups then I would have to suggest [url="https://www.sugarsync.com/referral?rf=fbqnnz8njjh5a"]sugarsync[/url] to you. They have a free 2GB plan that you can use to get started with and to be honest if you don't want to backup your collection of photos, it should be enough.

If you use that link you will get 250Mb extra space - so will I - and if you buy their paid plan (30GB or more $50/year) you will get an extra 5GB and so will I.

I copied this idea from [url="http://lissowerbutts.com/"]Lissies blog[/url] and feel free to give that 250Mb extra to her or me if you decide to give it a try. It's free and you have nothing to lose. I seriously suggest you to do multiple backups you never know what electric glitch is going to take down your external hard-drive, your computer hard-drive and your laptop at the same time. Earthquakes, fires, and so on - you will lose your valuable belongings, but you won't lose your lifework if you backup someplace that is not in your home, in your town or maybe not even in your country! This is great for students who need to pass files between their home PC and their school - presentations and stuff - since you can acces the backup anywhere.

I did some comparison and with the pricetag - free for the small plan and the 30gb is not expensive either (mobileme is 99$/year and it is only 20gb, dropbox is $10/mo for 50GB).

So do me and yourself a favor and use my link and get the 250mb extra. Heck even if you don't use it or see the benefit from it get the free account and give me the extra storage ;)

btw. If you have an iPhone like my, you can get a sugarsync app for it and have your phone in sync also.
P

Phillip

Return to The Lounge