[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The Honest Way Forum • View topic - What makes you push on?

What makes you push on?

This is the place to cool off, put your feet up and discuss anything and everything related or unrelated to the online business sector. Chill and relax! NO ADS!

Moderators: magnetize, Oosha, ftello, shezz

What makes you push on?

Postby magnetize » Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:56 am

magnetize

Postby ftello » Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:43 pm

Hi Monika,

I find myself working too hard at times. I usually start at around 7 in the morning and keep going until early evening. I get to the point where I block myself off from the rest of the world.

My wife finally got me to realize that I have to take a step back at times and just relax and enjoy life for a while.

I did the same thing when I was working. I was in retail management for one of the big box stores. My typical work day was about 16 hours a day. I did that for too many years. I am surely not going to do that with my Internet business. I love it too much.

Frank
| |
ftello

Postby Tel » Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:41 pm

I know what you both mean. I got woken up this morning at 6am as Jan was on the early shift at the airport - I didn't need to get up until 7, but I was awake anyway - so I got up and took the dogs out - I was like a zombie (and the dogs couldn't figure out why they were getting an early adventure)!

Then I had to go off to do my gardening job - I got home at 4.30 this afternoon, had a shower then went straight online.

It's days like this that I need to catch up online and compress what I like to take 12 hours to do into just a few hours. Not easy, especially when my eyes (and my brain) are screaming at me to have a siesta!

But I've administered some stiff justice to a few new spammers... I mean new members here (with strange sounding usernames - you know the ones!), posted in a couple of forums, added an article to ezine articles for approval and now I'm writing this!

In a moment I will go back to my website building project and prepare the next article in the series along with some new code for the website that I'm building to compliment those articles.

Then we're going out for a beer and some tapas!

Viva EspaƱa! :P
Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Postby shezz » Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:10 pm

Shezz
shezz

Postby Oosha » Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:03 pm

Oosha

It is really hard!

Postby MOM EXEC » Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:50 pm

To find a true balance with everything, kids, marriage, house hold chores, running your business, errands, etc. It just never seems to be enough time. I myself have been struggling horribly lately trying to find some sort of balance - at least between my business and my children. I am a WAHM with a 6 year old and 18 month old twins and it has been difficult. I was having a really hard time emotionally dealing with everything, I was completely overwhelmed by it all. Until I talked with a colleque of mine. She went through a similar experience when she started and shared with me what worked for her.

I have now set out the hours I am will work everyday, and I work them whether I want to give up for the day or not. I have some me time when the girls go down for their nap and I limit the amount of evenings and weekends I dedicate to my business. I really think it will work, and I feel much more relaxed. This way i get to dictate when I am working and no one else, and I can change it from week to week depending on my husbands schedule and my dd's activites.
MOM EXEC

Postby magnetize » Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:48 am

Erin,

That just answers my suspicion I worded over at the welcome post of yours. I reckon you are on to a great thing here. It certainly isn't easy to keep the balance especially with kids.

I don't have kids myself, but I do have 2 cockateels and they are just like kids. They need constant attention as they are not locked away in a cage when I'm home. They keep me company and when I eat and drink, they want to do the same. Plus I have to make sure that they don't get hurt, poisoned, drown or whatever silly accidents can happen with birds.

So keeping them safe just like your kids is of uppermost importance to us. Balancing your business is therefore quite a challenge.

Well done for starting to set targets and certain goals. The hardest things always start with a small step in the right direction. You are doing this right now and you will see huge improvements I'm sure.

Monika

:wink:

magnetize

Postby Tel » Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:26 pm

I just thought I'd revive this thread as it's even more relevant than ever for Monika and myself.

Since we started out on the Blogging Web 2.0 project together, we've both suddenly found ourselves pushed to the limit with our respective online projects. While they are in different directions, we're both writing a lot of content daily and it can be draining at times to say the least.

That's why it's more important than ever to keep our goals clearly in view so as not to lose sight of them behind the growing mountain of work!

As long as we're clear about what we're striving to achieve, then the hard work becomes easier and more manageable.

A means to an end!
Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Postby magnetize » Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:51 am

magnetize

Postby tam2005 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:10 pm

You both have worked really hard on this. Congrats on the PR! :)
Tammy

tam2005

Postby rac » Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:15 pm

:lol:

I started to decorate one of the bedrooms in April and er....well lets just say it's work in progress :lol:
rac

Postby Tel » Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:18 pm

Ha! Only April - you've got another few months breathing space at least! :lol:
Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Postby tam2005 » Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:18 pm

Boy, I'll say! lol :lol:
Tammy

tam2005

Re: What makes you push on?

Postby daniel » Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:10 pm

I just try to figure out what the next step is (a teeny tiny step like turning on the laptop), and I do it. Helps to get past the frictional force of being at rest. Can often be pretty hard though.
daniel

Re: What makes you push on?

Postby David57 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:29 am

Internet Marketing is tricky for time constraints. I find myself devoting several hours a day just to reading to try and learn what things are working for people. I usually have website maintenance and articles to write as well. Usually by late afternoon or evening my eyeballs are stuck to the computer screen and need to be scraped off with an egg lifter.

At that point I have lost most of my ability to reason let alone concentrate. In some ways I am an information junky and just want to learn more. Much better to stop and take a break and come back later. I think this career is more about putting a little good work in every day than exhausting yourself in one long haul.

Unless I have some sort of deadline I try to pace myself a bit more than I use to. There is a point of mental exhaustion where I can't create anything for a while until I recharge. For me at these times it is best to get away from the computer entirely.

David
David Robertson
|
David57

Return to The Lounge