[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The Honest Way Forum • View topic - Just Chillin'

Just Chillin'

This is the place to cool off, put your feet up and discuss anything and everything related or unrelated to the online business sector. Chill and relax! NO ADS!

Moderators: magnetize, Oosha, ftello, shezz

Just Chillin'

Postby Tel » Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:43 pm

Its a Sunday evening and I'm winding down after a hard days slog between setting up this forum and setting up an opt-in box on the homepage.

I took some time out to meet with a guitarist who is interested in forming an acoustic duo with me for some gigs here on the coast this summer. The meeting went well and I think it could be promising - time will tell as musicians are a strange bunch - I should know!

So now I'm back at the computer, doing my last hour or so of forum advertising, posting and general tidying up. It's been another very long day - I was up at six this morning and straight in front of the keyboard as my eyes were still adjusting to being opened!

My stats are getting better all the time - This site's been up for less than two weeks and I've just broken the 3,000 hits barrier. Should go over 5,000 by the end of the month - so that's made me a little happier as there have been no sales in the last few days.

Patience is called for in these times.

Remember... softly, sofly catchee monkey... :wink:
Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Postby shezz » Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:44 pm

Good numbers Tel.

How have you been promoting your site? Have you submitted to directories, or article submissions? What's your secret to getting so much traffic already?
Shezz
shezz

Postby Tel » Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:35 am

I put a post in the Marketing and Promotion section explaining what I've done so far.

...trying to spread it around a bit!!! :D
Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Re: Just Chillin'

Postby captkirk » Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:49 am

Captkirk

captkirk

Postby magnetize » Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:40 pm

magnetize

thanks for the tip

Postby Bruce_Carol » Sat Dec 22, 2007 2:12 am

I'll have to head over to the marketing & promotion in forum to see more tips
I'll sure be glad when I can post my ads, how many times must I reply in forum before being able to post ads? thanks for your time and enjoy the lounge this weekend
JDPP Storefront Owners & Sponsors,
Bruce & Carol Sanderson
http://doodlebug.jerkydirect.com
Bruce_Carol

Postby Tel » Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:23 am

You should be able to post them now.

The blocking software I have running here is meant to stop spammers in their tracks and it works really well because most of them are stupid and impatient and won't wait a couple of days and too lazy to make a couple of decent posts before they're let into the system.

But genuine members who take the time to write some useful posts are unblocked pretty fast so feel free to post your ad.
:D
Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Postby Tel » Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:25 am

Its a quiet Saturday morning and I'm enjoying the rising sun as it filters through the blinds of my home office. I was up far too early this morning, with a million and one things to do and now I'm struggling to keep my eyes open, so it might be time for an early siesta!

I've just disabled the new registrations panel, after sitting here for yet another wasted age deleting all the new spammer sign-ups - so hopefully, unless they know another way in, that should free up some more of my time in future until the ignorant swines leave this forum alone - then I'll re-activate it and see what happens.

Yes, definitely time for a snooze... I need a yawning smilie lol! :lol:
Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Postby Tel » Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:23 pm

Oh heaven! A week has passed by since my radical move and not one new spam sign-up! I haven't had to sit here for ages deleting the swines as they can't get in any more!

Bliss! :lol:

So now what?

I guess I'll have to attract some people in here because its like a ghost town right now. Oh well, at least its a ghost town without any damn spammers! 8)
Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Postby tam2005 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:41 am

Hey Terry, I wish you luck on the acoustic duo gig! :)

And congrats on the 3,000 hits. :D
Tammy

tam2005

Postby Tel » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:19 pm

Wow, I'd forgotten about that - it was nearly a year ago now!

3,000 hits sounded so great back then but of course I know better now - it actually doesn't mean much - but this site overall still gets around 400 unique visits a day which is pretty cool.

Pity the make money niche is the one that doesn't actually make money!!! What an irony...

A year on and knowing what I know now I look back at all the different ideas that either worked in part or just came to nought. Still it's a long hard learning curve making a living online, but now I'm doing it and actually earning more than I'm paying out, so its going in the right direction.
Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Postby tam2005 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:06 pm

Tammy

tam2005

Postby Tel » Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:13 pm

Don't worry Tammy, it happens to us all from time to time :lol:

I had a good laugh about it because I've done it in other forums - its even funnier when no-one seems to notice! :lol:
Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Postby Chelsea » Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:16 pm

Chelsea

Chelsea

Return to The Lounge