[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The Honest Way Forum • View topic - The Day Has Finally Come - We Are Off......

The Day Has Finally Come - We Are Off......

This is the place to cool off, put your feet up and discuss anything and everything related or unrelated to the online business sector. Chill and relax! NO ADS!

Moderators: magnetize, Oosha, ftello, shezz

The Day Has Finally Come - We Are Off......

Postby shezz » Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:16 am

Hi Guys

This will be my last post for a little while since we are off on our long awaited trip.

We are leaving a day later than originally planned - we should have left today but will be leaving tomorrow. And I'm still not ready, I'm only half packed, still have washing to do and need to clean the house a bit more before we go. I think I'll be up all night tonight.

So, for the couple of minutes that I have to spare, I thought I'd come on and post my blog so you can keep track of us.

Here is the link:

http://www.stayhome-mum.com/trip

I really have no idea at this stage how much internet access I'll have while I'm away, but I'll update my blog whenever I can, and I'll come in and say hello when I can.

Have fun - I'm sure we will be 8)

Weather is absolutely disgusting here in Adelaide today, so I can't wait to get into some warm country, a few days off yet I know, probably another week or so, but it's coming. In the meantime we'll freeze our butts off every night.

Ok, gotta go pack

Seeya
Shezz
shezz

Postby magnetize » Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:49 am

Shezz,

Wooohooo. I wish you a very lovely trip of a lifetime. You deserve it and I know that you'll have a ball! I'll be following up on your blog trip and relive every moment.

Big hugs take care and travel save.

Monika :D :D :D

PS: if you are nearing Qld and have a bit of time to spare for a coffee, let me know (my mobile is 0418850991)

magnetize

Postby Tel » Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:07 am

Hey have a lovely time Shezz, I know you will!

When I was a kid my family made the drive from Sydney to Adelaide and it took nearly a week stopping off in some incredible places along the way. Ok it was 1970 and things were a bit different back then, but I'll bet some of those places are still pretty much the way they were. I don't know which way you're heading but if you venture into NSW there's a place called Hay, just a tiny dusty town and it truly was in the middle of nowhere!!!!

Good luck and enjoy yourselves :D :D :D
Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Postby Oosha » Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:38 pm

Hey Shezz,

I missed your posts. Have a great time and keep posting when you can on your travel blog. You deserve this break and I'm sure you will make the most of it.

Meet Monika if you can and take lots of pics of your holiday. :D

Usha

Oosha

Postby shezz » Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:39 am

Hi guys

Finally I have a spot I can connect my laptop to. We are in Darwin and will probably be staying here for a couple of months. Derek has got a job here already so I'm stuck home with the kids - just like home :D

It's so hot here though, everyone back in Adelaide say it's freezing back there. We have a caravan spot right next to the swimming pool so we are making the most of the pool every day.

Kids are loving it as there are lizards living right next to our caravan as well as in the toilet blocks along with frogs.

I don't know how often I'll be on though but will come in when I can and say hello
Shezz
shezz

Postby Tel » Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:33 am

Hi Shezz, its great to hear from you. I didn't think you were going to set down in any one place for long, but Darwin sounds like the place you need to be to get some heat!

We're having one of the hottest summers on record here in Spain with temps around 40ÂșC at the moment, so everyone is melting and I know how you feel!

Boys and lizards - wonderful! When we were kids me and my brothers were forever catching the things and we kept them in what was out old swimming pool (the circular kind with a corrigated tinshell) which still had its sand base. The perfect menagerie! Ii never knew how he did it, but my brother David was a master lizard catcher and often came home from the local creek with bearded dragons, blue-tongues and assorted skinks - he even caught a frill-neck which were rare in the area - you probably got plenty of them up in the north!

Anyway, have a great time Shezz - keep in touch when you can :D
Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Postby magnetize » Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:25 am

Hey Shezz,

Great to hear you are having fun. Darwin is a great place to chill. Many nice places to discover. Make sure you check out the sunset market at mindill beach. It's one of the best markets in Australia and great fun. There is also a fantastic seafood restaurant with buffets of "all you can eat".

Monika

:D

magnetize

Postby Oosha » Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:05 am

Hey Shezz,

Great to hear from you. Everything sounds so wonderful!

When we were kids, my sister and I used to grow tadpoles in a small tank on the way to school. That was our secret. I can understand how excited the kids must be and I am sure you guys are loving it as much as the kids.

I am a food lover and Monika's comments on the sea food restaurant makes it all sound so exotic..

Have fun Shezz!

Usha :)

Oosha

Postby tam2005 » Sat Aug 04, 2007 2:20 pm

Tammy

tam2005

Postby shezz » Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:05 am

Shezz
shezz

Postby ftello » Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:09 am

| |
ftello

Postby Tel » Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:17 pm

Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Postby shezz » Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:05 am

Shezz
shezz

Postby Tel » Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:19 am

Hi Shezz,

The closest I think I ever came to swimming under a waterfall was a man-made one in a municipal pool in Glasgow, Scotland! :lol: Stranger places, eh?

You sound like you're having a brilliant time! Seen any more giant reptiles? - what a great holiday! :D
Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Return to The Lounge