[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The Honest Way Forum • View topic - Starting/buying a business websites

Starting/buying a business websites

This is the place to cool off, put your feet up and discuss anything and everything related or unrelated to the online business sector. Chill and relax! NO ADS!

Moderators: magnetize, Oosha, ftello, shezz

Starting/buying a business websites

Postby nicola » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:27 pm

As this is related to offline business I thought I'd stick it in here.

Can anyone recommend a good guide to buying or starting a business in the UK? Either online or a book (or both would be even better). I know there are thousands out there but that's always a problem - which is the best one to read. I'd rather read one that's had a personal recommendation from someone. Thanks.
nicola

Re: Starting/buying a business websites

Postby Tel » Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:17 pm

I might be a little out of date, being out of the UK for 6 years, but the local tax office is a great place to start. They have a ton of really useful information including all the tax angles and what you can legitimately claim as business expenses against tax.

Also try the local dole office, not always the nicest of places but they also have a lot of business startup info.

Other than that, the Co Op bank were really helpful when I started up in business back in the 90s - I believe most of the main banks have business startup info packs you can take away and read. I use to work for NatWest an know they have a lot of good info too.
Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Re: Starting/buying a business websites

Postby nicola » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:47 pm

I'll give all that a try - thanks, Terry
nicola

Return to The Lounge