[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The Honest Way Forum • View topic - What Kind of Guitar Do You Play?

What Kind of Guitar Do You Play?

This is the place to cool off, put your feet up and discuss anything and everything related or unrelated to the online business sector. Chill and relax! NO ADS!

Moderators: magnetize, Oosha, ftello, shezz

What Kind of Guitar Do You Play?

Postby bgmacaw » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:37 pm

Mainly for Terry but anyone else can jump in, if you're a guitar player. What kind of guitar do you play?

You can see my guitar collection on my original web site:

My favorites are my SX STL-50, a Fender Telecaster copy, that I put a lot of work into, my Carvin Bolt kit guitar, which I also did a lot of modifications to. One of my hobbies is doing guitar repair and modifications so if you have any questions about that, feel free to ask.
Frank Carr from at OpTempo |
| |
bgmacaw

Re: What Kind of Guitar Do You Play?

Postby DavidO » Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:28 am

Lakland skyline 4 string bass 8)

I have an old mexican fender fretless jazz bass that is just gathering dust.

Dave
DavidO

Postby bgmacaw » Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:54 am

I used to have a bass, a Squier Precision, but I sold it to my brother-in-law. If I need a bass track these days I either use a sample or the synth bass settings on my modelers.
Frank Carr from at OpTempo |
| |
bgmacaw

Postby Tel » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:12 am

Artificial bass? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

I hate that sound! Being a bass guitarist as well as playing 6 strings I'm only too aware of that sound - it never seems to sit right!

Anyway, I use a Fender Jazz when I play live and I have a cheapo Harley Benton electro-acoustic bass for practicing at home.

I have an early 1970s Gibson Melody Maker (twin pickup light body) in cherry red and I love it to death. I also have a1980's Fender Heavy Metal Strat which I used when I was playing lead in a metal band around the time I bought it - its a lot of fun to play!

I also have a Yamaha electro-acoustic which I play at home and also gig when I do my one-man, no-backing, almost-acoustic show (ok, I plug it in thru the PA).

My blues band has a website at http://www.tinshackblues.com which is still in the building stage. In that I play bass and do all the vocals, which is very nice to do together as not too many bassists sing lead as well.

PS: Ok, Jack Bruce, Geddy Lee, Mark King, Phil Lynott, JJ Burnell, Sting...
Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Postby DavidO » Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:16 am

Don't forget Mark Sandman of Morphine. The most moody bar and cigarette smoke music in the world. Check it!

Being a bassist I'm OK with synth bass so long as it doesn't try to sound real. If it has it's own thing going on that's cool with me. It's all those 'kinda' real bass sounds that I dislike.

That's funny, I just recorded 2 songs with the tin shack kings. A 2 man group from where I'm from (San Diego).
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... =393465193
but only 2 songs into a CD they broke up. Oh well.
DavidO

Postby MasterOfNone » Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:21 am

I've got an SX Precision Bass copy thats pretty solid.
MasterOfNone

Postby benll » Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:46 am

Martin DM acoustic. I have a cheapo electric bass that I use when recording.
benll

Postby chad0730 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:06 pm

Less Paul Gibson

Love Jazz, blues

Play Bass and Guitar
chad0730

Return to The Lounge