[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The Honest Way Forum • View topic - Is it possible to get photoblogs to rank well in google?

Is it possible to get photoblogs to rank well in google?

Here's a new forum to dicuss anything to do with blogs and blogging NO ADS

Moderators: magnetize, Oosha, ftello, shezz

Is it possible to get photoblogs to rank well in google?

Postby Andrea » Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:01 am

Hi,

I'd like to know how possible it is to have photoblogs to rank well in the search engines? Also, can they be a good way to earn adsense income or is it better to develop them to rank well in the search engines to provide links to monetise other blogs or websites.

I like pictures of animals and I often come across some on the web that are free to publish. I was thinking of showing them on a blog with adsense. Can you please give advice about what you think.

Andrea
Andrea

Re: Is it possible to get photoblogs to rank well in google?

Postby Grizzly » Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:55 pm

Andrea,

You can rank quite well with photo blogs and see a lot of traffic from Google Images. Be sure to use an anchored keyword in the alt tag and include some text on the page for each photo (using targeted keywords in the text).
Grizzly
Site Admin

Postby Andrea » Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:00 am

Hi,

Thanks, I appreciate the advice. Can you tell me where I can find free pictures of animals online that I can use to create a photoblog?

I could also do with some more advice. I already have two existing websites and a photoblog and I am not sure how to proceed with either of them with regard to earning adsense income.
I have written plenty of articles that I have posted on Ezine Articles and several come up in google on the first page. However, the adsense income I am earning is quite low per click and I'm not sure whether to proceed with the website.

Andrea
Andrea

Postby Coaster » Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:53 am

Andrea, you can search for free stock photography or free stock photos. Also Flickr with Creative Commons licence like or (these links go straight to the correct search in Flickr)
Laying on the beach in Queensland
Coaster

Postby Grizzly » Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:22 pm

Andrea,

Is there potential for a high volume of traffic in the niche? If there is then you can still make decent money on low paying ads simply by dominating the niche - yes - easier said than done but this is what you are faced with in any niche. Is the work needed to top the serp's worth doing. Sometimes it is and sometimes it isn't - you'll have to decide yourself I'm afraid. Remember that nothing is wasted as every site you build gives you more sites available for linking elsewhere.

Sorry I can't give you a better answer as to what you should do.
Grizzly
Site Admin

Postby Andrea » Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:23 pm

Hi,

Thanks, I appreciate the links to the free pictures Coaster.

Grizzly, can you or someone else tell me if one page adsense sites or blogs can rank well? Also, what do any of you think of Revenue Share Sites with regard to earning an income online? I'm glad I have found this place to post my questions as you seem to know what you are talking about. I'm trying to earn a full-time income online with adsense.

Andrea
Andrea

Postby Grizzly » Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:00 pm

Just use the revenue share sites for backlinks and don't bother with the revenue share - don't spread your adsense id around. You would earn peanuts and get smart priced in the process.

I've never used a one page site/blog for adsense. I wouldn't recommend it and I'm sure I could come up with enough reasons not too but I haven't had enough coffee this morning to get my brain in full thinking mode yet.

If reasons are required check with me later. :roll:
Grizzly
Site Admin

Postby Andrea » Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:20 pm

Hi,

Thanks again. :-)

When you write about getting backlinks from article directories such as Ezine Articles, does each article that I submit there which includes a keyword anchored text link to my website or blog count as a link? In other words, if I publish 50 articles with links back to my site, does that mean I have 50 PR 6 (or whatever PR Ezine Articles is) links to my site?

I have a website about characters which at the moment includes cartoon characters. I am wondering if I could introduce some movie characters, books characters and actors to that site in order to widen its appeal to all types of ages?

Andrea
Andrea

Postby TravelAddict » Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:17 pm

Ezine Articles doesn't allow keyword anchored text links, do they? I know Go Articles does, but not Ezine Articles? Can someone correct me if I'm wrong? :?:
Janet
TravelAddict

Postby James » Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:26 pm

You can use keyword anchored links, but only in the resource box, while GoArticles let you put them in the article itself.

Ezine does have PR6 on the main page, but your articles won't get that PR. I had some of mine get PR1, but that is still a lot more then what others can give. And I would not recommend that you waste time on 50 articles. Submit 5 or 6 to one directory per your site, since everything else will worth less because the links are from the same IP.
James

Postby Tel » Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:26 pm

They do in your resource box only, not in the body of the article. GoArticles allows both.
Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Postby Tel » Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:27 pm

Ha! Touche James, we posted at the same time! :lol:
Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Postby James » Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:32 pm

Haha, what's the chance for this to happen. 1:1 it seems :mrgreen:
James

Postby Andrea » Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:11 pm

Ok, thanks. With regard to building links to gain page rank, I realise this is a difficult thing to do and the way I am trying to do it is through writing and posting articles to Ezine Articles. Should I post the same article to other directories as well, including Hubpages? Also, isn't it possible to earn a good adsense income through trying to rank high in google with long tail keywords whilst trying to build page ranks?

I'm in the process of trying to earn adsense income with bum marketing. I write and post articles to Ezine Articles to direct traffic back to my site, which is why I have posted over 50 articles on their site. Some visitors click on the links in the articles resource box, although I realise that it would be better to have all the traffic go straight to my website from the search engines. This is not easy to do though.

I realise I'm asking a lot of questions and I hope you don't mind. I am reading through the blog articles and it is inspirational to know what is possible to achieve.

Andrea
Andrea

Postby djnuttall » Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:28 pm

djnuttall

Postby mikel » Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:00 pm

mikel

Postby djnuttall » Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:53 pm

Does wordpress do this for you automatically? You just add the keyword to the photo?
djnuttall

Postby mikel » Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:06 am

'Automatically' the alt tag is blank. You can Upload/Insert an image within the WordPress post editor and add your alt tag in the field labeled 'Image Caption'.
mikel

Postby djnuttall » Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:15 am

Thanks Mikel! :-D
djnuttall

Postby Andrea » Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:54 pm

Hi,

Thanks EJ and others who have replied.
Is it possible to start a photoblog at Today.com? If, so perhaps I would probably find it easier to post regularly. Also, how many blogs can the same person have on this platform?

Thanks
Andrea

Return to Blogging