WP error

Here's a new forum to dicuss anything to do with blogs and blogging NO ADS

Moderators: magnetize, Oosha, ftello, shezz

WP error

Postby jacksparrow » Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:22 am

I've been trying to find something related to this but can't seem to, so was wondering if anybody's had the same experience previously.

One of my blog, everything ok and then it just suddenly gives me this error today for the whole site including trying to get to the admin login:
"It doesn't look like you've installed WP yet. Try running install.php."

I've had no problems accessing the files and everything looks ok. Not sure if anyone's had the same problem before, and what caused it in their case? Would be more than happy to learn more... has it been hacked or what? If so, how can I know for sure?

Thanks!
jacksparrow

Re: WP error

Postby ejcross » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:57 pm

Jack,

double check your wp-config.php file and make sure that the info is correct for your db connection. That is the only thing I can think of off the top of my head...
ejcross

Postby madmonk97 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:02 pm

I had a similar error after a sloppy wordpress upgrade. I deleted out the old files (wp-config.php included) before uploading the new wordpress files. Fortunately, it was easy to replace wp-config.php and I was back up and running.
_____
steve
madmonk97

Postby jacksparrow » Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:29 am

Thanks for the suggestions so far guys, no luck still. Also asked the host to check on their end. Will let you guys know if I find out anything useful.
jacksparrow

Return to Blogging