[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The Honest Way Forum • View topic - Anyones Blogger Blog Marked As Spam

Anyones Blogger Blog Marked As Spam

Here's a new forum to dicuss anything to do with blogs and blogging NO ADS

Moderators: magnetize, Oosha, ftello, shezz

Anyones Blogger Blog Marked As Spam

Postby thechettybear » Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:00 pm

My top money making blog was recently marked as spam by Google despite being a 100% legit site.

The result is that I cannot post any new posts to my blog until it gets a manual review, which I must request within 20 days or my blog will be deleted. I requested the review and it is suppose to be done with 2 business days. The explanation for it being marked as spam was that it was done by a new automated spam prevention technique that is now being used by blogger. It stated on the review request page that if you were a human reading that page then your blog probably wasn't spam. It looks like they are trying to figure out how to stop all the automated blogs that are crap. It also said that visitors to my site will be warned of it being potential spam until a review is done (not sure though because my blog still comes up normal for me).

Anybody else deal with this exact situation recently? Anything similar but different?

I'm not really worried at all since my site is 100% legit with high quality content, the most complete on the net for its niche...
thechettybear

Re: Anyones Blogger Blog Marked As Spam

Postby strathy » Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:19 pm

I had this exact situation occur on a Mini-Site that I just set up on Blogger. As soon as I sent in an email requesting a review, the restriction was lifted and I was able to access my new blog again. I suspect that this is a new completely automated system to try to stem spamming. Check back on your account now that you've sent the email and see if the restriction has been lifted.
Let the dirt just shower over you!
strathy

Postby xxecxx » Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:26 pm

try these

1) create a new blogspot
2) hit "new post" button
3) copy a ready article in
4) hit "publish post" button

if you do step 2 to 4 within 3 minutes, u will get that spam flag
just do the review request as told, it will be cleared pretty fast, especially for the above auto spam-flag scenario
xxecxx

Postby thechettybear » Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:32 pm

Thats exactly what happened. I wrote up my post in word, copied and pasted it over to blogger, posted it. Then within 1-2 minutes it was flagged... I hope this doesn't happen everytime that I copy content over...
thechettybear

Postby TrentBrownrigg » Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:40 pm

I had the same thing happen to me once on a real estate blogger blog. They did the review and had it cleared up within a couple days.
* No links here... Search my name if you want to find me!
TrentBrownrigg

Postby xxecxx » Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:41 pm

it happen to me often enough till i learn to leave the window open after step 3 and go do other stuff before coming back for step 4 :lol: :lol:

another auto flag scenario - create lotsa nicely titled draft posts
if you do about 10+ drafts within 30mins or so...u trip that spam flag

these two are the ones i experienced myself..anyone else have others to share?
xxecxx

Postby BenK » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:44 pm

I get this EVERY single time I create a new blogger blog. The content of the post does not matter. It's happend to high quality content and raw BCW content.

If you post too much in a short amount of time, of say you make too many blogs in the same account in a short preiod of time, you get this flag. Just follow the instructions. Despite what it says, there is no manual review -- just fill in the RECAPTCHA text box and wait a day. The restriction is lifted.

I get this on my crappy 3rd tier blogs full of spun/BCW content and every time the restriction has been lifted. So, don't sweat it -- especially if you site is 100% legit.

Recommended Backlink Networks/programs: [] [] [] []
BenK

Postby Tel » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:29 am

So far I haver escaped this - in fact just before I saw this thread, I'd just posted 6 BCW posts on one blog in a row but all scheduled to publish s few days after each other. I just checked in again and no flag. Maybe the scheduling keeps it under the radar?
Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Postby BenK » Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:24 pm

How many posts of BCW content do you put in each blog, on average, Terry?

I'm doing about 3-5, but are there any benifits of say, throwing up 10-20 pages of content per farm blog?

It's pretty easy to make blogs with BCW (with word press and blogger blogs), and I am still not sure how many BCW blogs I should ahould have per niche. I'm aiming for a ballpart of about 30 BCW blogs per niche, but that may be overkill or underkill. I try to have about 3-5 blogs for blogger, 3-5 for wordpress and so on, so I have at least 5-10 unique IPs to send links with.

I was previously adding my own intro and conculsion, but I said what the hell and am just going to throw up spell checked BCW content, at least on blogger.com. Not sure about wordpress.

I'm hoping, if I submit a 3-4 articles, per each BCW blog, I can get at least a PR 1/2 in 6 months.

Recommended Backlink Networks/programs: [] [] [] []
BenK

Postby Tel » Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:44 pm

Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Postby thechettybear » Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:21 pm

hmm... mine is still flagged, doesn't look like it has been reviewed yet.

Now its showing up in the SERPs without my full title, without the description under the title, and google doesn't have a CACHE of it. It also hasn't had the post that tiggered the flagging indexed yet even though posts are usually indexed within a couple minutes. The google bot is apparently going to complete ignore my site until it is unflagged...

The changed display in the SERPs is dragging traffic down by about 25%.
thechettybear

Return to Blogging