[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The Honest Way Forum • View topic - Nice Looking Free SEO'd Wordpress Theme?

Nice Looking Free SEO'd Wordpress Theme?

Here's a new forum to dicuss anything to do with blogs and blogging NO ADS

Moderators: magnetize, Oosha, ftello, shezz

Nice Looking Free SEO'd Wordpress Theme?

Postby TrentBrownrigg » Wed May 20, 2009 10:22 pm

Anyone know where I can get a free wordpress theme that is already SEO'd but looks fairly good so I can use it for a flagship?
* No links here... Search my name if you want to find me!
TrentBrownrigg

Re: Nice Looking Free SEO'd Wordpress Theme?

Postby gabbyjay268 » Wed May 20, 2009 11:25 pm

I really like themes built on the thematic framework

They have a list of child themes that I think look pretty cool (but not all of them are free, but most are)

I'm currently trying to build my own child theme that will look and feel like an online store - but since I am still really new to CSS and tweaking PHP with functions and hooks it is slow go when I find the time to work on it.
gabbyjay268

Postby DavidO » Thu May 21, 2009 12:04 am

Court has a ton of SEO'ed themes at courtneytuttle.com

Justin has a few at seozombie.com

Hope that helps
-Dave
DavidO

Postby TrentBrownrigg » Thu May 21, 2009 3:40 am

Thanks for the replies so far!

yeah I know about Court's and Justin's themes but I was looking for others. Right now I am actually using one of Court's on the blog I am asking about, but I'd like to try a new one.
TrentBrownrigg

Postby Tel » Thu May 21, 2009 6:36 am

Simonne has some themes here: http://themes.ezmoneyon.net/

Frank has some too and there is a post in here someplace - I just can't find it...
Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Postby korprit » Thu May 21, 2009 1:55 pm

i use magazine/newpaper themes (rotating article images) for my money sites and SEO manually. if it's a money site and it's worth going out of your way to have look nice, it's worth slapping on all-in-one-seo and manually setting each title and description field...or manually altering H1 tags etc.
korprit

Postby TrentBrownrigg » Thu May 21, 2009 8:45 pm

Thanks guys!

I really like some of them on Simonne's site so I think I'll try one of them.

BTW... here's the site I am working on... http://work-at-home-based-business.com

It's a site I used to own, then I sold it last year, and now I bought it back again.
TrentBrownrigg

Postby DavidO » Thu May 21, 2009 10:21 pm

I was showed a theme called thematic from a friend. It's here: http://themeshaper.com/thematic/

It's similar to that thesis that is hot right now. Not sure about if it's SEO'ed though. I really like the look of it. When I start some more sites I'm going to be testing it out.
DavidO

Postby Tel » Fri May 22, 2009 7:32 am

Hey, I remember that site - there's some of me in there too!

I've never known anyone to sell a site then buy it back again. Will you be opening it up to guest posters like before? I'd be happy to add some more articles, although I doubt I'll ever out-write Steve in a million years! :lol:
Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Postby TrentBrownrigg » Fri May 22, 2009 7:07 pm

TrentBrownrigg

Return to Blogging