[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The Honest Way Forum • View topic - Today.com -- Be wary lest you get banned

Today.com -- Be wary lest you get banned

Here's a new forum to dicuss anything to do with blogs and blogging NO ADS

Moderators: magnetize, Oosha, ftello, shezz

Today.com -- Be wary lest you get banned

Postby BenK » Sun May 24, 2009 9:01 pm

Watch out for Today.com.

A few days ago, I had one of my blogs deactivated for "too much promotional content" -- I had a couple links on each of the posts. I told them I'd take it down. The next day, I posted some spun content on that same blog and a different today blog. They emailed me yesterday saying they were deactivating my account for having more than one today.com account. So now both accounts are deactivated. Trying to see if I can get one back. The content is still there, but I can't post anything else.

So, be careful with today.com blogs -- the employees seem to be very eager to deactivate accounts for any excuse.

Recommended Backlink Networks/programs: [] [] [] []
BenK

Re: Today.com -- Be wary lest you get banned

Postby gabbyjay268 » Sun May 24, 2009 9:53 pm

I got a blog deactivated because I didn't post on it for a while. I'm not too broken up about it.
gabbyjay268

Postby bgmacaw » Sun May 24, 2009 9:57 pm

As Griz has pointed out, they're clueless social bloggers for the most part, including the site management.
Frank Carr from at OpTempo |
| |
bgmacaw

Postby TrentBrownrigg » Sun May 24, 2009 11:28 pm

I had mine deactivated for not posting at least once per month. I emailed them and got it reactivated right away. Stupid rule if you ask me!
* No links here... Search my name if you want to find me!
TrentBrownrigg

Postby lissie » Mon May 25, 2009 12:34 am

Yeah its an automatic deactivate if you don't post for a month. But I haven't hit the too much promotional stuff yet - I better watch out for that - its a nice little PR3 farm now!
Lis
and Controversy!
lissie

Postby BenK » Mon May 25, 2009 12:57 am

Yea. I like today's trust in google's eyes -- I don't like how picky they are.

If you have multiple accounts, I suggest using a proxy and/or make sure you don't post content on your multiple today.com blogs and don't use the same spun article. The articles I posted were unique, but a human checking them out could tell they were spun versions.

I'm really getting sick of today's bitchiness. If they don't reactivate my account...I think i'll just forget about them for now. Too much hassle.

BenK

Postby Tel » Mon May 25, 2009 8:30 am

I also had my today blog deactivated for not posting for a month. I asked and got it back again, so what is the big deal with them? I have always posted original stuff there, which is pretty good for me these days ;-)

If you want to see the power of Griz, his today blog hasn't been posted to since early April. It went off the air for a day and then came back, but he hasn't posted again.
Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Postby lissie » Mon May 25, 2009 1:31 pm

Lis
and Controversy!
lissie

Postby BenK » Mon May 25, 2009 2:08 pm

Yea, I don't think Today.com is going to survive -- not with management like that.

My blogs were very targeted and brought targeted Google ads that probably had a good CPC for today. Yet they want to deactivate me? First they want Social bloggers, then they want commercial writers -- oh wait, they don't, since they banned me...

Note that they still left my posts and address up, I just can't post anything new. They are stupid, but not that stupid.

Yea, copying my stuff. I don't want to invest too much time in a host that's will ban on a whim.

What blogs to you guys use for support and farms?

It used to be like this for me:

blogger
wordpress
today

however, it's very hard for me to pick free hosts after these. I've used a bunch from that list, but almost 3 months later, I STILL have blogs with original content not indexed by google. It seems like they go out of their way to ignore blogs hosts that are not on this list.

Ben

BenK

Postby xxecxx » Mon May 25, 2009 2:25 pm

xxecxx

Postby Tel » Mon May 25, 2009 4:12 pm

Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Postby janetra » Mon May 25, 2009 4:20 pm

I'm having the same problem Ben
Blogs on iblog365.com and bloglicio.us are not being indexed at all. I wish I'd thought to do a site: first. iblog comes out at 156 which certainly means that google doesn't like it but bloglicio comes out at 39,300 so I guess it's a recent dislike.
blogs on blinkweb.com/, webs.com and 000webhost.com/ are being indexed OK
It would be useful if you told us which ones are not being indexed so we can avoid them.
janetra

Postby Tel » Mon May 25, 2009 5:08 pm

Of our free hosts, all of them in the list will index fast enough, some inside a day - that is apart from the hosts that are clearly marked as de-indexed, of which there now only 4. That leaves 16 hosts that are all working really well.

Of the outside hosts, I've stopped bothering with most of them as ours are far superior. The ones I still use and that will all index are:

blogger
wordpress
blinkweb
blogetery
freewebs
today
squidoo
hub pages

That's it. Between that little lot I have plenty of sites in different niches and they're spread nicely around enough different IPs to be useful.
Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Postby BenK » Mon May 25, 2009 5:33 pm

Good to know, Terry. Thanks!

I havent taken advantage of our own community blogs. I think I'm going to start jumping on that now.

BenK

Postby janetra » Mon May 25, 2009 5:47 pm

janetra

Postby James » Mon May 25, 2009 9:38 pm

Besides those URLs Terry mentioned, I use and have good experience with Xanga, Blogsome, Blogvis, Vox, 5ru, Bloggles, Clearblogs and Webonsites.
James

Postby Scooter » Tue May 26, 2009 4:05 am

Scooter

Postby Brawnydt » Tue May 26, 2009 4:31 am

Hey Tel, as soon as I pony up and buy reseller hosting at hostgator, I'll be setting up another site for us all to play on. I really need to get going on those awesome resources, I'm not using them like I should be.

Between Court and Marks directories and our little resources here, it's a pretty powerful combo if you ask me.
Brawnydt

Postby dreamscaper » Tue May 26, 2009 4:38 am

This thread has definitely given me a chuckle: I had my today.com account deactivated a few months ago for failing to post on it frequently enough and never bothered to ask for a reinstatement. I just waited a little while and set up a new account. (it didnt hurt that I moved after the first account was closed so that my IP addie was different for the second one) I thought I was only one of afew - I didnt realize that the deactivations were so common!

I think it is funny that they leave our blog posts up after our accounts are closed and show no sign of purging them. Very funny.

Personally, I have been spending more time spinning articles and submitting them to FTS (free traffic system) recently than posting to blogs. I just checked up on a newly posted article and found that it ended up on the home page of a PR 4 blog! Not bad for afree service. :-D
Stephen
dreamscaper

Postby Tel » Tue May 26, 2009 6:16 am

Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Next

Return to Blogging