MediaWiki sites

Here's a new forum to dicuss anything to do with blogs and blogging NO ADS

Moderators: magnetize, Oosha, ftello, shezz

MediaWiki sites

Postby indoorouthouse » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:13 pm

So, I wonder if anyone has experimented with setting up a wiki type site for all those little niches that you want to test out and write about without having to either set up a specific site for them and drive traffic there or use a hubpage/squidoo type thing to get indexed quickly?
Was thinking it might be a cool thing to have - lots of little obscure topics on a wiki. Could be a good network site or even bring in some affiliate income if the individual pages got well indexed.
any thoughts/experiences?
indoorouthouse

Re: MediaWiki sites

Postby MasterOfNone » Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:13 am

First thing that comes to mind reading this is spam. You would need to heavily moderate the wiki until it builds enough of a community to start policing itself. It could work for the right niche. I probably would only add a wiki to a site with an existing community.
MasterOfNone

Re: MediaWiki sites

Postby dgodot » Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:31 pm

I think a wiki is a nice platform for building a site solo (i.e. nobody else gets an account, no community editing) as long as the wiki platform you choose is pretty seo-friendly. I'm thinkinf of using Drupal for something similar to this in an upcoming project.
dgodot

Return to Blogging