[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The Honest Way Forum • View topic - Booted out by Today,com

Booted out by Today,com

Here's a new forum to dicuss anything to do with blogs and blogging NO ADS

Moderators: magnetize, Oosha, ftello, shezz

Booted out by Today,com

Postby advaita » Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:29 pm

A warning to anyone using Today,com for backlinks. I have been using them for around 6 months - I only put up about a dozen posts with some backlinks to my sites.

The other day I was on there and I noticed that they had a forum ! (I am a bit slow) Anyway , cool I thought I can stick up some comments with my sig. and get some more backlinks. So I made a three comments and my sig. had 3 backlinks in it.

I also put up a new post on my today blog with 3 backlinks in it.

I have now been booted out their community for the following reason

"Your blog is evaluated by an editor for quality and productivity.
Editors review content to ensure it is appropriate and not in conflict
with our Terms & Conditions. We regret to inform you that your blog is
not a good match for the Today .com blog network due to excessive use
of personal referral ad links.

Sincerely,
Today.com Support

I think it was an administrator called Violetta who did the dirty deed. There are 3 possible reasons why I was booted
1) too many links in my sig
2) too many links in latest blog post (3)
3) my last blog post was very similar to a blog post on one of my blogs and also had a link back to it

I'm not bothered one way or the other as I didn't use Today that much, ut take care if you are using it.

Has anyone had a similar experience with them ?
advaita

Re: Booted out by Today,com

Postby bgmacaw » Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:48 pm

Yes. I pretty much wrote them off about 6 months ago.
Frank Carr from at OpTempo |
| |
bgmacaw

Postby TrentBrownrigg » Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:55 pm

Yeah they suck! There's a few threads about them on here and pretty much everyone agrees.
* No links here... Search my name if you want to find me!
TrentBrownrigg

Postby lissie » Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:01 pm

Well I have one blog with a Pr2 one with a PR3 and make sure I post once a month to make sure I don't get shut down I sometimes have one backlink sometimes none. I've been paid up to $100 for some posts (not from today of course LOL) - I like today.com but you have to be a little subtle - and avoid the forums like a the plague
Lis
and Controversy!
lissie

Postby Tel » Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:20 pm

I have a blog on there and, like Lis, I post once or twice a month to keep it alive, plus I throw in a post whenever I want a keyword link to a post on another, relevant site. I didn't get any PR but that means bollocks, the links count and they do push sites up the serps for uncompetitive keywords. You certainly have to be cute with them and just do the minimum as well as not ruffling any feathers.
Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Postby advaita » Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:29 am

I've just noticed that the buggers have kept all my posts up on their site - they've just removed all my links ! What a bunch !
advaita

Postby TrentBrownrigg » Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:28 pm

I hadn't checked mine in quite a while but I just did and it looks like they deleted it altogether. For a long time they still had it up but I couldn't do anything with it.
TrentBrownrigg

Postby TrentBrownrigg » Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:31 pm

Oops, I guess they didn't delete it, the site was just down. They still have my blog up but they have deleted my account for having "too many personal and affiliate links" even though I barely had any personal links and had NO affiliate links on the entire blog.
TrentBrownrigg

Postby janet » Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:02 am

You know... all this time that I've been making blogs, I've never used them. I guess I won't be for sure now... :lol:
Janet

janet

Postby dreamscaper » Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:32 pm

I just receieved an email this past week letting me know that my blog with today.com had been 'put on hold' for inactivity; I have not posted on there since the first half of August. It is actually my second go around with them because they closed down my first account blog because of inactivity. (but kept it up, backlinks and all :lol: ) The funny thing is that I keep getting those spammy today.com point updates for my first account even though they suspended the blog! I will probably get them to release my current account's blog though because like Tel said, it is a decent source for useful links - if you play the game (and sort of play them in my case :mrgreen: )
Stephen
dreamscaper

Postby Tel » Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:04 pm

Latest update from this pile of crap Today.com:

Well, they certainly have gone overboard now. I have a blog there with something like 35+ posts on there and the miserable bastards have just gone and removed all the links from my posts.

WTF is the point in maintaining a blog with a bunch off tossers like that if you can't even link out to your own sites?

Me mad? I'm raging over this. I will get even too... I just have to figure out how... :twisted:
Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Postby lissie » Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:25 am

You're kidding? They have just taken me out of the VIP program - for not regularly posting - I hadn't posted for 6 weeks on either blog = but I still seem to have access to the blogs - and although they have changed the theme to a really ugly Adsense hearvy one they have retained my blogroll links and in-post links are intact - iwas wondering whether or not to beg forgiveness or not - I think you just decided me ...
Lis
and Controversy!
lissie

Postby TrentBrownrigg » Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:07 am

The one blog I had with them that they booted me out of long ago and I thought they had taken down, but I just checked and it is up. However, any links I did have out to my other sites have been removed. They suck!
TrentBrownrigg

Return to Blogging