[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The Honest Way Forum • View topic - Offline Blog Editing Software

Offline Blog Editing Software

Here's a new forum to dicuss anything to do with blogs and blogging NO ADS

Moderators: magnetize, Oosha, ftello, shezz

Offline Blog Editing Software

Postby dgodot » Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:23 am

I'm in possession of a new Windows 7 based laptop that I'll be doing all my work on now, which has replaced my old iBook. So I'm looking for a good offline blog editor that makes it easy to manage the multitude of blog accounts I maintain.

On the Mac I used to use MarsEdit, which was pretty decent. I always wished it would let me group blogs into folders so I could sort them by project.

Tell me about your favorite blog editors. I know there's Windows Live Writer, and it's nice if you have one or two blogs but its account management features seem pretty basic. Zoundry Raven seems better, but has trouble with WPMU (if you load up the login info for your primary blog, it will recognize all lesser blogs but not their posts.)

There must be an acceptible solution, but Google is failing me. Maybe I should be Binging instead ;)
dgodot

Re: Offline Blog Editing Software

Postby lissie » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:43 am

Sorry I can't help - but just to derail your topic entirely -what do you think of Windows7 - I have an XP machine but can upgrade for the price of the CD - can't decide whether to bother or not!
Lis
and Controversy!
lissie

Postby Tel » Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:44 am

Ah, I have a Vista encrusted laptop and it is ok, but has a tendency to lock out firefox which then requires a reboot. Nice.

So I'm waiting for my Windoze 7 disc to come via a family member from the UK - I've heard its a lot more streamlined than Vista and uses system resources better. It bloody well had better, cause this laptop is technically 8x faster than my old PC that was running XP and I don't feel it runs any faster at all!

Mm, sorry Dave, the hijack continues...

I'm too lazy to go hunting for text editors, so just login as and when I need to post. Sometimes, I actually write stuff in Word and cut/paste, but even that is often beyond my capability to multitask. Mmm, those two or three extra clicks are just a bridge too far... :lol:
Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Postby Phillip » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:14 am

There does not seen to be a tool that would meet my/our requirements. The ability to sort blogs in to groups alone would make a tool worth it, when you have hundreds of sites, you don't want to scroll through all of them to find what you want.if someone knows how to create a tool like this, I am a sure buyer as long as the price is within reason.

I am trying to move away from the web - I want to increase productivity, and the net is the best way to kill productivity. Also having another backup of all of my posts, easily sorted and easy to post on another host, in case one of the free blog hosts "go missing"..
P

Phillip

Postby dgodot » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:11 pm

It looks like I'll probably settle into a combination of two programs, one for legit blogs and one for farming. Maybe Scribefire & Zoundry Raven. I managed to snag a $12.95 copy of BlogBot so I'm gonna give that a try when I get a chance too.

Regarding Windows7 - I love it! It's the first Windows OS that pretty much just works, and yes it is much faster than Vista and I think it's faster than XP too. Plus, if you run it on a laptop (at least my laptop), power management finally works exactly like you'd expect--first time they've ever managed to pull that off! And I like the taskbar better; it's sort of a compromise between XP and OS X, and it makes it nice and efficient to keep track of app windows (as long a syou have the Aero sneak preview enabled.)
dgodot

Postby dgodot » Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:44 am

Well, Blogbot is rubbish. But I did finally find an updated list of offline blogging clients: http://codex.wordpress.org/Weblog_Client

I haven't tried them all yet but I think some combination of these should hopefully do the trick.
dgodot

Return to Blogging