[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The Honest Way Forum • View topic - Static blogging tool

Static blogging tool

Here's a new forum to dicuss anything to do with blogs and blogging NO ADS

Moderators: magnetize, Oosha, ftello, shezz

Static blogging tool

Postby dgodot » Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:53 pm

I haven't tried it yet, but I think some of you will be very interested to know about .

It's free, and apparently builds, maintains, & uploads blogs in plain static HTML. I'm not sure yet if any good themes are available or if themes are easy to make and modify.
dgodot

Re: Static blogging tool

Postby Phillip » Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:15 pm

I'll give it a try - I'll report with my experience
P

Phillip

Postby TrentBrownrigg » Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:14 pm

Very interesting. I'll check it out too.
* No links here... Search my name if you want to find me!
TrentBrownrigg

Postby Phillip » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:24 pm

Interesting - Truly. But I can't get it to work on my mac. It starts the java but then it closes....
P

Phillip

Postby daddyO » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:33 pm

I think I've mentioned this before, but if your looking for a blogging platform that is just files and no database, then http://www.pivotlog.net/ is a good one.
daddyO

Postby janetra » Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:17 pm

Thingamablog works great on Linux. Easy to set up. I like it. I had one problem . It sets the front page to blog.html so I had to go into general settings and change that to index.html before I could see more than an index of the site. I assume that's so you don't over write files on the server that you might need.
janetra

Postby Phillip » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:14 pm

Actually it looks very good and based on small experiences it works great also - although it could be better from seo point of view. As far as my experiences go it does not create single post pages but it only does archives.

EDIt: I'll take it back - it does create post pages, but it just doens't link to them - if I only knew the template code for it. Another problem is that it sets the date in H2 and post title in H3 (dumb). Easy to edit out, and creating a site with this is easier than in a text editor, because once you got the template like you want it- in the built in text editor-, it is just about writing new posts.

EDIT2: I just sent them an e-mail with a few seo-suggestions in mind - hopefully they work them in.
P

Phillip

Postby janetra » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:54 pm

It is very easy to use and I've set up some sites very easily. It's easy to edit templates but I agree about the SEO points. Posts have unfriendly URl's and it would be nice to link to post pages not archives. For support sites where I'm looking for backlinks however its easy and quick to use and much better than logging in to each site individually.
janetra

Postby Phillip » Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:26 pm

P

Phillip

Postby janetra » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:33 pm

janetra

Postby Phillip » Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:27 pm

P

Phillip

Postby Phillip » Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:51 pm

Turns out the creator is an internet marketer himself so he easily understood what I was talking about.
P

Phillip

Postby dgodot » Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:33 am

Oh cool, so he's already corrected the problem with non-SEO post URLs?
dgodot

Postby Gartwynn » Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:16 am

I may be missing something, but what is the benefit of a static blogging tool over wordpress?

Thanks,

Greg
Gartwynn

Postby Phillip » Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:45 am

P

Phillip

Return to Blogging