[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The Honest Way Forum • View topic - How To Change A Blogspot Blog To Another Host

How To Change A Blogspot Blog To Another Host

Here's a new forum to dicuss anything to do with blogs and blogging NO ADS

Moderators: magnetize, Oosha, ftello, shezz

How To Change A Blogspot Blog To Another Host

Postby benll » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:39 am

How do I do this to own my own URL? The site is well established. If I do this will I lose my present ranking?
benll

Re: How To Change A Blogspot Blog To Another Host

Postby Tel » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:30 pm

I think you might have a problem doing that. If the blogspot is established, then its probably best to leave it as is and build your domain to compliment it. If you change all the content over to your domain, you will not be able to transfer ranking as all links you built will still point to the blogspot.

I know there are 301 redirects, but I don't know if they will help transfer authority/ranking. Maybe someone else has tried this and knows better than me.
Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Re: How To Change A Blogspot Blog To Another Host

Postby WordPlay » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:40 pm

I tried this years ago and couldn't get the redirects to work. So I removed the content from the BlogSpot blog and put it on a new WordPress blog and put links to the new WP posts from the old BlogSpot posts. The old blog ranked for years and sent traffic to the WordPress blog. By the time that dwindled I had built up links to the new blog.

In retrospect, I wish I had left the content on BlogSpot. I have far fewer problems with my BlogSpot blogs and they rank just fine. They're not great as flagships (although plenty of people use them for that), but IMHO they're great workhorses. But I seem to be plagued more than most people by WordPress hackers, so I'm biased!
WordPlay

Return to Blogging