[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The Honest Way Forum • View topic - Adding Links ONLY to Home Page of Wordpress Blog?

Adding Links ONLY to Home Page of Wordpress Blog?

Here's a new forum to dicuss anything to do with blogs and blogging NO ADS

Moderators: magnetize, Oosha, ftello, shezz

Adding Links ONLY to Home Page of Wordpress Blog?

Postby TrentBrownrigg » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:00 pm

I am wondering if there is a plug-in or just a way to add links to a wordpress blog that will only appear on the home page?

For example:

If I wanted to add some home page link partners, but only have them linked from the home page. Is that possible?

I can't figure it out if it is even possible. As I see it right now, anywhere I add them (sidebar, blogroll, footer, etc...) they appear on every page of the blog and I don't want that.
TrentBrownrigg

Re: Adding Links ONLY to Home Page of Wordpress Blog?

Postby Phillip » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:41 am

You'll need to edit them in to the main index template (index.php). Just pick where you want to add them, possibly after the entry.
P

Phillip

Postby Tel » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:43 am

Another way if you don't want to edit any html is to write a short post (containing the links) and "stick" it to the homepage.
Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Postby TrentBrownrigg » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:43 pm

Thanks for the suggestions!

However, the problem with both of them is that I would want these links to be at the bottom (like close to the footer) or the sidebar somewhere. Wouldn't really want them in the middle of my content or anywhere too prominent as they would only be link exchanges.
TrentBrownrigg

Postby Phillip » Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:02 pm

P

Phillip

Postby TrentBrownrigg » Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:05 pm

TrentBrownrigg

Postby TrentBrownrigg » Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:11 pm

I think I got it. That wasn't so hard after all. Thanks!
TrentBrownrigg

Postby dgodot » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:25 pm

dgodot

Postby TrentBrownrigg » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:31 pm

Ok thanks. I will look at my options and see what I can do.
TrentBrownrigg

Return to Blogging