[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The Honest Way Forum • View topic - top level domains .biz

top level domains .biz

Discuss anything to do with domains (buying, selling, pre-owned etc) and hosting (resellers, shared, dedicated which is best etc)

Moderators: magnetize, Oosha, ftello, shezz

top level domains .biz

Postby Phillip » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:02 am

do any have experience on how .biz ranks compared to .net .com .org etc? Too many good domains are already parked and the .biz is not taken...
P

Phillip

Re: top level domains .biz

Postby bgmacaw » Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:02 pm

If you want search traffic, links, links and more links just like with any other type of domain.

For social traffic and domain flipping, .com is king.
Frank Carr from at OpTempo |
| |
bgmacaw

Postby Phillip » Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:24 pm

Yeah I was referring to the "instant ranking" that you can get with a .com .net or .org - you don't even need backlinks in most cases to rank top #3 if there is low comp. I guess I'll just try it out and report back.
P

Phillip

Postby bgmacaw » Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:39 pm

I would assume so since I've seen the same thing happen with .infos back during the infamous ND blitz.
| |
bgmacaw

Postby bgmacaw » Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:43 am

Here's a funny case in point.

I had a new .info that I had pointed the nameserver to one of my hosting accounts and setup the CPanel but it was otherwise empty for about a month. I put a script like one of the "Adsense Kits" I'm selling on my Templates For Website site just to test it out last week. The PLR articles weren't even a match for the domain name. The script tested fine and I left it on the domain, meaning to come back via Filezilla and delete it after I finished the sales page. I forgot. I went back to it today and noticed that good ole Googlebot had visited and indexed all 25 articles and the freakin' thing was even ranking page 1 for some long tails! That's on a brand new .info with unrelated, duplicate, PLR content with no links at all! How bizarre!

It probably won't stick but I am tempted to run with it and see what happens. :lol:
| |
bgmacaw

Postby Phillip » Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:49 pm

I just uploaded a site on an exact match .biz where there is an exact match .net ranking #2 for the keyword without backlinks. It is a year old, and has one page, so I'll throw a few crappy links and built 3-4 pages for the site. Won't take long to see how well .biz ranks compared to it - if it works good it opens a whole new ballgame because almost all the other tlds are parked for good keywords. .biz will be crappy for flipping, but for adsense or affiliates it is just as good if it ranks good. Even so if I would plan on a bigger campaign I'd still try to find as related .com as possible and do the necessary backlink work, but as I am building "low income" sniper sites right now I am not planning on doing a large backlink campaign..
P

Phillip

Postby Phillip » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:19 pm

.biz sucks ass.. Ranks even worse than .info from the bat. Well with links it might work, but so does anything ;)
P

Phillip

Return to Domains & Hosting