[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The Honest Way Forum • View topic - The opposite of smart pricing?

The opposite of smart pricing?

Discuss anything related to Adsense and other Pay Per Click programs here. NO ADS!

Moderators: magnetize, Oosha, ftello, shezz

The opposite of smart pricing?

Postby dgodot » Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:04 pm

I've noticed lately that the overall CPC across all my sites has been improving pretty dramatically. Part of this started happening when I started using adsense on hubpages. My new theory is that the Goog uses variable pricing based on the quality of the adsense publisher account, so using your adsense on very high quality sites should improve performance across the board (just like poor-quality sites decreases it.)

All the more reason to build up nice authority for all our Mu hosts ;-)
dgodot

Re: The opposite of smart pricing?

Postby James » Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:22 pm

I also noticed my CPC drastically increased in the last two days. But I do not use Hubpages. Actually, I didn't place Adsense on any new site for more than a month. Could be that publishers are paying more... :-o

I don't want to hijack a thread, but I got a question related to Adsense. I got this email 2 hours ago:

"Hello,

While reviewing your account, we noticed that you are currently displaying
Google ads in a manner that is not compliant with our policies. For
instance, we found violations of AdSense policies on pages such as
**************. Please note that this URL is an example and that
the same violations may exist on other pages of your website.

Publishers may not implement Google ads in a manner that disguises the ads
in any way. For instance, publishers may not place ads under misleading
headers or titles as this may confuse users into thinking the ads are
actually site links related to that header. To avoid this issue, we ask
that publishers use only "sponsored links" or "advertisements" to label
ads.

Please make any necessary changes to your webpages in the next 72 hours.
We also suggest that you take the time to review our program policies
(https://www.google.com/adsense/policies) to ensure that all of your other
pages are in compliance.

Once you update your site, we will automatically detect the changes and ad
serving will not be affected. If you choose not to make the changes to
your account within the next three days, your account will remain active
but you will no longer be able to display ads on the site. Please note,
however, that we may disable your account if further violations are found
in the future.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Sincerely,

The Google AdSense Team"

I am using Blue Sense Theme doshdosh.com/bluesense-theme/ I am aware that there are too many ads on this theme and will switch to another one right now. But email says "same violations may exist on other pages of your website". I am not sure what to do with other websites I own... I checked Statcounter and I saw this visitor check my other 2 sites. Both have one 336*280 ad block above the title but he mentions only the site with Blue Sense theme ( that was the last site he visited from these 3, he moved between them a bit and left on some other site).

Any suggestions, experiences,thoughts...I'm all ears :-D
James

Postby dinheiro » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:48 am

Uh uh James, take that warning very serious! You need to put a "sponsors" or "advertisements" on the top of every single adsense ad, like this:

SPONSORS:
-adsense ad
|
dinheiro

Postby James » Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:48 pm

Yeah, I already placed that on the blogs they mentioned in the email. Also, I changed some of the blogs I have. The thing is, I am not doing anything different from all the blogs out there, but G man picked me out of the crowd. One AdSense block above or under the title is nothing unusual... But, we will see how it goes.
James

Postby dinheiro » Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:04 pm

|
dinheiro

Postby lissie » Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:42 am

I notice that infobarrel does the honking big ad below the title but the subtle colour the title etc maybe is the difference - for excample here infobarrel.com/What_Every_Beginner_Needs_To_Know_About_Making_Money_Online_-_Take_This_Test
to my eye - hubpages seems to have a horizontal stripe just under the title - but there is that "by lissie" - is that enough? hubpages.com/hub/Adsense-Placement
google loves HP so much they are allowed more than 3 ad blogs per a page - so I guess that might be a clue ...
Lis
and Controversy!
lissie

Postby James » Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:54 pm

I got email from G saying that my sites are in compliance with AdSense policy :-D

I placed AdSense block under the title, added GOOGLE ADVERTISEMENT above it and that's it. The best thing is, I still get high CTR on that blog :lol:
James

Postby Tel » Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:11 pm

I just twigged what they're getting at. The ad block that looks like its a navbar just below the header is the culprit. I've seen this on lots of sites and wondered how G would view this layout. These ads are short one liners only and do look very much like regular navbar links that so many sites use. They would certainly fool people into clicking them when placed there as in that theme.

The larger ad blocks with a couple of lines of descriptive text are not a problem.
Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Return to Adsense / PPC