Mysterious AdSense Impressions

Discuss anything related to Adsense and other Pay Per Click programs here. NO ADS!

Moderators: magnetize, Oosha, ftello, shezz

Mysterious AdSense Impressions

Postby James » Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:26 pm

I created a niche Blogger blog two months ago and for the last 30 days it has around 30-40 unique visitors per day. I slapped AdSense 2 weeks ago and it was all good, around 40 impressions and 10% CTR. But last 5 days, I get more than 200 impressions daily while my Statcounter shows the usual 30-40 uniques daily. And the CTR is now 2%.

Does anyone have similar experience with AdSense impressions out of nowhere? I don't mind low CTR, since I am not in smart price and the earnings are fine from the real users clicking the ads. But I don't know where are those impressions coming from and I am not sure can they hurt me (meaning, losing my AdSense account or something).

What say you?
James

Re: Mysterious AdSense Impressions

Postby jacksparrow » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:42 pm

You could try including the blog's URL in the list of URLs allowed to show under your account (in your adsense a/c config) to prevent 'extra' impressions on other sites that might have taken your ad block code?
jacksparrow

Re: Mysterious AdSense Impressions

Postby James » Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:03 am

You're right, I could do that. It just didn't cross my mind that someone would take my ad block and use it somewhere :-?
James

Return to Adsense / PPC