[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The Honest Way Forum • View topic - Cryptic AdSense Violation Message

Cryptic AdSense Violation Message

Discuss anything related to Adsense and other Pay Per Click programs here. NO ADS!

Moderators: magnetize, Oosha, ftello, shezz

Cryptic AdSense Violation Message

Postby WordPlay » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:39 pm

I lost my secret decoder ring, so I have no idea what the frig AdSense is talking about in this e-mail I received yesterday. They seem to be referring to some sort of violation of Google products, specifically YouTube, Orkut or Blogger. But my page has no references to any of them and doesn't "allow users to download YouTube videos." Perhaps those were just generic examples though. If that's the case, they've given absolutely no clue to the nature of the violation. I've already filed an appeal but who knows if they'll answer.

Has anyone ever received one of these? More importantly, does anyone know what the violation might be?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Hello,

While reviewing your account, we noticed that you are currently displaying Google ads in a manner that is not compliant with our policies. For instance, we found violations of AdSense policies on pages such as http://hubpages.com/hub/make-money-writing-hubs. Please note that this URL is an example and that the same violations may exist on other pages of your website.

Publishers are not permitted to promote the abuse of any Google product, such as YouTube, Orkut, or Blogger. This includes providing the means to circumvent the policies of these or other Google products, such as by allowing users to download YouTube videos.

As a result, we have disabled ad serving to the site.

Your AdSense account remains active. However, we strongly suggest that you take the time to review our program policies (https://www.google.com/adsense/policies ) to ensure that all of your remaining pages are in compliance.

Please note that we may disable your account if further violations are found in the future.

Sincerely,
The Google AdSense Team

Issue ID# 787520

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
WordPlay

Re: Cryptic AdSense Violation Message

Postby DavidO » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:49 pm

Maybe "making money with adsense/hubs" is an abuse of adsense? Keyword research, sniping, building links for the purpose of rising in the ranks... If that's not it I don't know what is...
DavidO

Postby dgodot » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:55 pm

My guess would be that they don't want you advising people to use the Adwords tool without the intent of buying Adwords ads.
dgodot

Postby WordPlay » Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:19 am

Hmm. That was my first thought but I dismissed it because I thought I had seen various sanctioned Google-ites promote it as a resource. I'm going to go read the AdWords terms of use and see if they have any rules that preclude this use.

Thanks for your input.
WordPlay

Postby lissie » Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:43 am

I'd contact HP support too - they have a financial interest and may have some ideas...
Lis
and Controversy!
lissie

Postby WordPlay » Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:32 pm

Thanks, Lissie. The first thing I did was contact Paul Deeds of HubPages because they definitely have a dog in this fight too. But I've had no response. Maybe he didn't receive the message.

I think I've isolated the issues though. Someone in the AdSense forum pointed out that it was probably both my tutorial for the AdWords tool and the fact that I told people that linking is important and then gave them some less than white hat options for doing it. I've already removed those references, so I can at least get through the appeal process. Unfortunately, the resulting hub is so watered down, I don't know how much help it will be for people. Oh well. But I saved a copy of the old version so if those weren't the issues, I can restore it.

If those were truly the violations, it makes me wonder what that means for other people who run AdSense and write about SEO.
WordPlay

Return to Adsense / PPC