[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The Honest Way Forum • View topic - Adword keyword tool question

Adword keyword tool question

Discuss anything related to Adsense and other Pay Per Click programs here. NO ADS!

Moderators: magnetize, Oosha, ftello, shezz

Adword keyword tool question

Postby ram2009 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:51 am

When looking at keywords, I know what we got to change it to "EXACT"

Do you look at the global monthly search volume or the local search volume (december)?

What do u set the results are tailored to the languages and countries you choose below to?

Thanks as ever
ram2009

Re: Adword keyword tool question

Postby JoomlaBear » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:49 am

Ram,

I personally always look at global search volume and I look closely at exact and broad - exact is an indicator for how many times the phrase was searched for exactly as you entered it - however broad gives an indication of how many long tails there may be that contain the phrase you have entered - also very important.

https://adwords.google.com/support/aw/b ... nswer=6324

I would counsel caution with this tool though - it's generally considered the best thing we have available - but at the same time it can give quite inaccurate results - sometimes it's spot on.

Other things to consider are that Google is showing data for people who wish to purchase ads - so the potential impressions include adsense blocks on websites - not just organic search - this one is often overlooked. Google apparently only uses 60% of their search data for the KW tool - don't know where I read this...

Remember to factor in searches on Yahoo and MSN.

Always use your intuition and look at your own site stats to see what people are searching and finding you for.
Big Bear
Creator and purveyor of fine .
JoomlaBear

Postby Phillip » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:22 pm

I'd rather use the search based too google.com/sktool - the adwords tool gives the amount of displays for ads... So it might be displayed once on the top of the search results, then again on the webpage and when people navigate through the websites. So it could be 2-10 times more than there really are searches. With the sktool I have had pretty accurate results, at least based on my latest keyword snipers. Also there are keywords that give you something like 15600 searches per month in the external tool, and then something like 60 in the search based tool. I would rather trust on the latter...
P

Phillip

Postby lissie » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:05 pm

Thanks Philip I have a site which has been #1 for its keywords for months - on adwords the claimed exact number of searches is 9900, in sktool - its 660 - I can tell you for free that sktool is spot on!
Lis
and Controversy!
lissie

Postby JoomlaBear » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:38 am

Phillip,
Great tip - the sktool rocks.

Update - just ran one of my winning KW through this - 20,000 visitors last month - and it returns nothing? It gives a lot of related longtails with minimal searches for each. Pretty sure I am doing everything correctly and not filtering anything out - looking at global.
Big Bear
JoomlaBear

Postby Phillip » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:38 am

P

Phillip

Postby JoomlaBear » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:24 am

There was never a statement more true.
:D
Big Bear
JoomlaBear

Postby Tel » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:10 am

I only just had a look at this, yeah a little slow on the uptake, but I can't get it to display in English.

Its one of those pages that the creators thought they were so clever creating that defaults to the language of the country that you're in but no option to change it just in case you happen to be one the many thousands of foreign ex-pats who's knowledge of the local language is not good enough to get the best from the tool. :mrgreen:

Anyone have any ideas how to change that page other than going in through a proxy?
Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Return to Adsense / PPC