[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The Honest Way Forum • View topic - Adsense on a single WP page... Is it possible?

Adsense on a single WP page... Is it possible?

Discuss anything related to Adsense and other Pay Per Click programs here. NO ADS!

Moderators: magnetize, Oosha, ftello, shezz

Adsense on a single WP page... Is it possible?

Postby TrentBrownrigg » Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:35 pm

I co-own a WP blog where we have a page set as the home page. We have adsense inserted into the posts using the easy adsense plugin. That's simple enough. However, we have it set to not put adsense on the pages because all of them except the one are pages like privacy policy, disclosure, contact, about, etc... so putting adsense on them is stupid.

Now, that creates a problem because we have the one page set as our home page so no adsense gets inserted to it and that's the most important page to have it on.

So my question is...

Is it possible to somehow put adsense on a single page of a wordpress blog, but not the rest? If so, how?

Here's the blog if it helps to see what I am talking about: http://www.gr1innovations.com
* No links here... Search my name if you want to find me!
TrentBrownrigg

Re: Adsense on a single WP page... Is it possible?

Postby dgodot » Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:05 pm

I use the Who Sees Ads plugin. It lets you insert ad code into posts or pages using a shortcode.
dgodot

Postby janetra » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:19 am

Make a template page from the index page of your theme by adding
<?php
/*
Template Name: xxxxx
*/
?>
to the top of the page.
Add the adsense code to this, save with a new name, upload to the theme folder and choose the template in the page editor. There will be a drop down box under attributes to allow you to choose your new template.
janetra

Postby Phillip » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:17 am

I don't know if I understood the question correctly - but why don't you just edit the page in wordpress, them edit source and paste the adsense code there.
P

Phillip

Postby Tel » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:45 am

Or even easier, only add the adsense code to index.php (or main.php) and post.php (these are "posts" only) and not page.php (these are "pages").

If your privacy policy and other pages have been set up as "posts" and not "pages", then cut/paste them into new pages and either delete the posts you don't want, or use them as instruction posts like "how to create a privacy policy/disclosure page" so the url remains indexed! Google will soon index the new pages (it'll get the bots crawling).

That way you get adsense on all posts, where you want them (including the one you sticky'd to the front page) and not on pages (where you would also more likely place affiliate ads and ebay/amazon).
Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Postby TrentBrownrigg » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:18 pm

TrentBrownrigg

Postby TrentBrownrigg » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:38 pm

Got it! I guess it was just a simple as editing the page to add the adsense code. I made it out to be more difficult than it needed to be.

Thanks for your help everyone.
TrentBrownrigg

Postby Rajaie » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:33 pm

If you want the AdSense somewhere else on the page (not in the content), then you can create a template file as someone suggested above and use that as the pages template.
Rajaie

Return to Adsense / PPC