[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The Honest Way Forum • View topic - Chitika update

Chitika update

Discuss anything related to Adsense and other Pay Per Click programs here. NO ADS!

Moderators: magnetize, Oosha, ftello, shezz

Chitika update

Postby dgodot » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:43 pm

dgodot

Re: Chitika update

Postby xxecxx » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:44 pm

looks like bye bye monetizing the low tier with chitika
xxecxx

Postby dgodot » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:12 am

Not necessarily. To their credit, it looks like they pre-reviewed and added in most of my active domains & subdomains. There were a couple they denied due to "too little content," and those tended to be ebay sites.

We'll see. Chitika definitely has shown some potential over the last year; I hope their changes make it better instead of worse.
dgodot

Postby jacksparrow » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:14 am

Probably trying to weed out the 'spam sites' and a move prompted by the advertisers perhaps.
jacksparrow

Postby DeMerchant » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:50 am

How big a footprint doe chitika have? I don't use them now but am always looking for ways to safely monetize my sites

Get Links With , , , , and
DeMerchant

Postby Phillip » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:28 am

P

Phillip

Postby dgodot » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:04 pm

Well, my Chitika revenue has completely tanked since their new 'improvements' went into effect.
dgodot

Postby jacksparrow » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:31 am

Yup very poor CPC now, across the board, at least for me.
jacksparrow

Postby aprilk » Sat May 01, 2010 9:57 am

I got an email through from Chitika talking about how ad impressions will go either up or down depending on whether the advertiser wants traffic from my site. I now see that I'm only making money from *1* of my sites when before there were many sites. I hope that this is just a glitch because I'm getting really pissed off with my income being bounced about all over the place by companies.
April
aprilk

Postby Tel » Sat May 01, 2010 5:23 pm

I agree - I got the same email and it looks like chitika are doing their level best to become even worse than EPN with their constant bloody tweaks that are for the good of nobody except themselves.

Incidentally, their last "improvement" blew out a load of my sites which I had to then request for approval - a process that was supposed to take 3-4 weeks. Well five weeks on now and they still haven't approved them... Jeeeeeeeze!! :twisted:
Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Postby dgodot » Sat May 01, 2010 8:03 pm

Yeah, I haven't heard back about any of the sites I requested approval for when they started this nonsense either. :roll:
dgodot

Postby jacksparrow » Tue May 04, 2010 1:11 pm

I thought this thread was gone.

Well now what is it with all these companies like EPN, Adsense and now Chitika trying to 'clean things up'? Since they placed a message on the dashboard last week saying they were doing maintenance and upgrades, including that email just before, I have seen no data reported from April 29th. Emailed support enquiring about it and the guy sent me the email as a reply implying that advertisers do not wish to show their ads on my sites. They were happily allowing it for awhile and overnight they stop? Don't buy it at all.

So now data shows up today for May 2 - 0 impresisons and 1 click. Rrriiight.

Sounds like they could be doing badly like Ebay and stealing pennies from us now.
jacksparrow

Postby aprilk » Wed May 05, 2010 8:50 am

All of my sites are now pending approval. WTF are they trying to do??!!

I think I will change everything over to Amazon Omakasme and also Prosperent ( http://prosperent.com/ref/215131 ).

I might also have to look again at the the $7 thing that Vic kept promoting. The problem for me was the fact that my graphics skills are horrible and the sales pages that come with the eBook are just not really usable. I was also having issues with the autoresponder. I guess it's time to revisit it though because at least you aren't at the mercy of an affiliate company.
April
aprilk

Postby aprilk » Wed May 05, 2010 9:04 am

Actually, just looked again at Chitika and noticed that one of my sites is still approved. It's one which gets about 600 visitors a day. Perhaps, they are only wanting sites with good traffic instead of ones with trickle traffic. I guess only they know :roll: !
April
aprilk

Postby Tel » Wed May 05, 2010 10:44 am

Yes, they have done the same thing to all my sites - changed the approved to "pending further review"

What a bunch of f***ing wankers are running that company? It was fine until they took over Yahoo ads. Now they are behaving like the cat that got the cream and they aren't sharing with the riff raff any more.

Bloody hell it really pisses me off that they can take a good thing like that and totally f**k it up. :twisted:
Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Postby aprilk » Wed May 05, 2010 11:02 am

Any one get the feeling that Chitika et al are acting just like Father Ted in this video? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mdwAkWvWMw

:shock: :lol:
April
aprilk

Postby Tel » Wed May 05, 2010 11:11 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: nice one!
Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Postby jacksparrow » Wed May 05, 2010 11:50 am

Apparently Chitika has a long history of pulling off things like this. Banning accounts before payment, not sending payments, etc. This time they claimed that their advertisers want only the best publishers with the introduction of Chitika Select so we spammers should move on.
jacksparrow

Postby dgodot » Wed May 05, 2010 4:27 pm

I had pretty good results with Chitika up til this, and have received many on-time payments from them in the past. But unless things change substantially, Chitika is no longer a viable way to generate income.
dgodot

Postby aprilk » Wed May 05, 2010 5:08 pm

Mmm, was just trying to do more research on this and found out that Chitika is now one of the approved for Google's ad network as you can see on this blog post:-

http://kb9.org/earnfromblog/chitika-goo ... d-network/

Coincidence?
April
aprilk

Next

Return to Adsense / PPC