[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The Honest Way Forum • View topic - Adsense Placement Theory Destroyed

Adsense Placement Theory Destroyed

Discuss anything related to Adsense and other Pay Per Click programs here. NO ADS!

Moderators: magnetize, Oosha, ftello, shezz

Adsense Placement Theory Destroyed

Postby Tel » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:17 am

Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Re: Adsense Placement Theory Destroyed

Postby James » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:32 am

Heheheheh. I had a big grin reading your post. I was wondering when will someone write about this issue.

I got the same message few days ago, they wanted my to put more Ads on my Blogger blog, which already has one big Ad block just bellow the blog title :D But this didn't surprised me. Google never had anything against Ads below the title, or above it as a matter of fact. And this Optimization Report they just sent is the biggest proof of that.

The way I see it, Griz wrote that post to get Google of his back. You know, don't teach people how to "game the system". And it's quite interesting that Ben wrote a post about similar topic, just a day later. As you recall, he got his site deindexed but his Adsense account is still alive, with Ads on those sites.

If you ask me, it's business as usual. I got plenty of sites, Blogger and Wordpress, with Ads on the top. I had visits from G men and no one mentioned anything about it. The only site I had to correct is the one that had 3 ad blocks. G man said people might confuse it with navbar so I removed it and left the one bellow the title. That's it!

One other thing. Make sure to check some blogs that are on the web. Look what they do and how long they have been there. You'll see a lot of sites with 2 big Ad blocks just bellow the site title. It's logical you will be able to place one. Also, Google Adsense Team won't ban you all of a sudden. Hell no. They will send you an email, asking you to make a correction in 3 days. If you do not respond and make changes, only then they will remove Ads from THAT site. But your account still lives. They won't simply pull the trigger.

If you can, get an AdSense account for your sister, brother, Grandma... Test things out. You will be surprised what can be done. I have a friend who runs Entertainment sites, videos, pics and stuff like that. His sites are full of scantily clad women, yet the AdSense lives there. LMAO I couldn't believe that. I still don't, in a way. This is why I regularly check the web to see what other people are doing, not what they say it should be done ;)
James

Postby Phillip » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:08 pm

Nice to hear this! By the way - how does the heatmap look like? The basic top square - left/right sidebar skyscraper and something else?
P

Phillip

Postby James » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:13 pm

Yup, it's the old heatmap. Top and Left sidebar is the hottest. Then comes bellow the content and to the right sidebar.
James

Postby jaggerstone » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:41 pm

Interesting indeed!! I got the same email from the Adsense guys. I've been biting my nails for months since Griz and Ben got popped! I left my blogger blog alone with a big fat ad-block right below the post title (left justified) and hoped for the best. I worried...and worried some more then one day I received an email from some fella telling me he was my new contact with Adsense and will help me with anything I need. That was about 3 weeks ago and last night I got the same mail as you guys, heat map and all! Also my blogger blogs all seem to rank better since the mayday thing! GO figure!
jaggerstone

Postby Tel » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:58 pm

The plot thickens...

I had to wonder at the motive behind the "Don't Do It" posts from Griz and Ben, making me start to wonder about a few more things.

Like howcome I can still rank several hub pages at No1 for their KW with all those Adsense adblocks they have?

And how do those hubs outrank those of my sites that they link to, when my sites have plenty of links and content and enough age to make them dangerous?

Why does Infobarrel totally suck at ranking anything, never mind its crap conversion rate?

And how does a sub page of webmd.com that doesn't even have "weight loss" in the title, never mind the domain... and a bloody subdomain of about.com still rank #1 and #2 respectively for "weight loss" (and weightloss.com languishes on page 2) despite MayDay?

Authority counts for a ton of it, for sure.

I get the impression that a lot of misdirection and misinformation is being bandied about to quell the recent upsurge in people like us dominating areas of the SERPs and it has been a lot more effective at keeping more from jumping on the bandwagon and doing it than any alleged algo change.
Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Postby James » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:33 pm

I hear you Tel...

But that's the way it works I guess. So it's best to keep your eyes open and read between the lines. Try things out yourself and see what works and what doesn't.

I'm always on a hunt for a good information. Guys like Vic, Griz, Court and Ben really opened my eyes. I also get a great info from this forum. A lot of stuff I wouldn't even dream to try without hearing about it from someone who is successful.

My last revelation happened when I stumbled upon h**p://linkvanareviews.com/ The guy who runs the blog is from the old school of IM. You'll get the best information what works and what doesn't when it comes to all sorts of link networks. I bookmarked 8 new link networks I never heard of to try them out in the next few months. This is a great way to start few new sites and see what new link strategy brings and what's the power of new link networks. When you learn something new, implement it to your old sites and CHI CHING! The GOLDEN DRAGON comes ;)
James

Postby dgodot » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:42 pm

That's a great site, James, thanks for the link.
dgodot

Postby James » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:58 pm

No problem dude. I'm glad I can help.
James

Postby korprit » Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:05 pm

korprit

Postby Chili » Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:35 am

I wonder if these messages from Google are a sign that their Adsense earnings took a hit with all their algo changes??
Chili

Postby dreamscaper » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:49 am

I got the same email from adsense and had agood chuckle, too. The site they were talking about is a blogger blog which has solid content but still looks a little bit 'thin' with even the three allowed ad blocks. Couldn't help but laugh about that.

I have to admit that my recent switch to having my own domains on paid hosting instead of just relying on free blog platforms (ie blogger) for my niche money blogs is due in large part to the recent 'Griz scare', but that is a good thing because it made me expand my horizons and led me to learn more about alternatives such as embracing wordpress more and choosing my domains more wisely - and madfe me learn my way around cpanel (so very important! lol)and site builder (grrr) to the point where I am now designing a website for my wife's relatives who own a small business and are clueless about such things. Nice to have new income avenues open up for you when you expand your horizons. :-)

This was supposed to be an adsense thread. Sorry about the wandering. :roll:

BTW: with regards to Hubpages, et al, you are seriously onto something there Terry because I have seen the same thing many, many times and am torn because I get some good money days from my hubs but at the expense of my own sites in the same niches. A few months back I was using a minor authority site called snipsly.com. Every single post/article I posted there was indexed by Google in under 10 minutes and the long tails were ranking on the top three pages give or take soon after. This was giving me a click through rate of near 5% for my reviewazon posts there. I havent used the site in months though so I dont know if they have retaioned their authority or become a junk spammer site (that looked like that might be the way they were going unfortunately)
Stephen
dreamscaper

Postby korprit » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:26 pm

not sure this means sites are in teh clear. i got one about not using images in my adsense blocks for a site that i'm pretty sure will get a warning. i have my site header, an affiliate banner, then two LARGE adsense blocks, the post title, and another large adsense block. it looks spammy as hell...yet their 'system' scanned it. i dont think this puts us in the clear for a human inspection.
korprit

Return to Adsense / PPC