[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The Honest Way Forum • View topic - Adsense Click On Site With No Ads?!

Adsense Click On Site With No Ads?!

Discuss anything related to Adsense and other Pay Per Click programs here. NO ADS!

Moderators: magnetize, Oosha, ftello, shezz

Adsense Click On Site With No Ads?!

Postby korprit » Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:35 pm

I'm building PR to a couple of my mini sites, and in doing so linked some of my high PR authority sites to the minit sites. So i removed the adsense from the mini sites to prevent 'exploitation', but this morning i had a click to one of the adsense blocks that is currently commented out....?!

anyone seen this or have any idea what happened?
korprit

Re: Adsense Click On Site With No Ads?!

Postby TrentBrownrigg » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:03 pm

I see it all the time on one of my sites. Actually I don't even own the site anymore. I sold it a few months ago. And I know for a fact that it doesn't have any Adsense on it anymore. The new owner hasn't even put his own Adsense on it and I definitely took all mine off before I sold it. However, I still get impressions and sometimes clicks from the channel code I used only on that site back when I did have Adsense on it. Very strange.
TrentBrownrigg

Postby korprit » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:40 pm

just a thought....could it be a cached copy of the site? or a waybackmachine version? does the cached versions of sites still carry the old adsense code?
korprit

Postby derrickp » Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:53 pm

I never had clicks since the sites aren't in my allowed sites, but I have had impressions on sites I no longer own that do not have adsense on them so it must be some type of cache.
derrickp

Postby kiddlattimer » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:14 pm

I havent had a click yet but I get 1 impression a day on a crappy MFA site that I made a year ago... despite not having adsense anywhere on the site (ive checked at least five times).

I had the same thought about the cache version but the traffic is very low on that site so I cant think someone is checking cache versions. I would love to know the answer though... anyone floated the question to big G?

Perhaps you could try disabling the ad if you dont use it anymore?
kiddlattimer

Postby Phillip » Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:25 am

I have actually had clicks with no impressions... :-?
P

Phillip

Postby TrentBrownrigg » Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:48 pm

TrentBrownrigg

Postby dreamscaper » Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:31 pm

I've had adsense show less impressions on my sites in a day than is reported by statcounter more often than I would expect.
Stephen
dreamscaper

Return to Adsense / PPC