[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The Honest Way Forum • View topic - Google Shakup Continues...

Google Shakup Continues...

General online business related discussions go here. NO ADS!

Moderators: magnetize, Oosha, ftello, shezz

Google Shakup Continues...

Postby DeMerchant » Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:04 pm

Is everyone seeing the massive movement in google that I'm experiencing? This is definitely the longest dance I've been around for... it seems like it will never end... anyone have any comments/insight?

Get Links With , , , , and
DeMerchant

Re: Google Shakup Continues...

Postby bgmacaw » Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:19 pm

It have been weird. For a few days I had a site that was #1 in on Google.ca while I was on page 3 in the main Google.com. This lasted about 3 days before it dropped back down. I got about 1500 visitors during those days though. The keyword was a certain software product I had a pre-owned domain name for and I was monetized with EPN selling templates and tutorials for it, nothing Canada related.

I've had some other sites jump around too but not as dramatically. I've got a couple of pre-owned farm sites (personal name domains) that are getting non-buying keyword traffic for some reason. I suspect it's due to domain age and me being too SEO oriented in my titles. Recently I've been trying to write suboptimal titles on these blogs.
Frank Carr from at OpTempo |
| |
bgmacaw

Postby Willdini » Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:50 pm

My sites are hopping all over the place. Its driving me nuts.
Willdini

Postby dreamscaper » Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:11 am

I had a kitchen appliance related blog come out of the sandbox for about aweek and then *poof* back in again.

That's one thing I like about my movie actor related blog on Yahoo: it may take awhile to get indexed worth a damn, but once you do, you seem to stay there or raise in the ranks pretty easily. 8)
Stephen
dreamscaper

Postby dreamscaper » Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:30 pm

Well, Google shook me up today: the kitchen appliance blogger blog i mentioned before (which I have not posted to since mid November, BTW) which is still ijn the sandboxed, was flagged as a spam blog today. :shock: :?: :evil:

Considering that it has no new content or links worth mentioning added to it recently and is not competing with anybody on the serps to prompt a fake flagging to get rid of me as competition, I am left shaking my head and actually think it is funny. "Our spam detection methods may be a bit fuzzy," says google in the email sent to me and on their review request form - NO KIDDING, LOL!! :roll:

they claim it will be reviewed within two business days, we shall see...
Stephen
dreamscaper

Postby dgodot » Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:20 am

I've recently gotten the same message about two of my blogger blogs that have no outgoing links or monetization. They're a little slim on content, but... within "20 days" we'll see once and for all whether I'm the wicked spammer I tend to think of myself as :lol:
dgodot

Postby James » Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:23 am

Don't sweat about that. I get that message with almost any new blog I make on blogger. Just get the captcha and send it, you will be ok in few days. I don't think they manually review the site. I tested it with Blog Content Wizard filled posts, and it was all ok. Just like they say, their bot gets cranky sometimes :mrgreen:
James

Postby Simo » Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:28 am

Isn't that funny! I've got a big bunch of blogger blogs generated automatically and filled with duplicate content and I think more than 80% of them are OK with G.
| | | | Buy this year and help saving our planet. Hurry up! Earth needs your help this Christmas.
Simo

Postby dreamscaper » Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:41 am

Here is an update: I was on statcounter about 24 hours after this google business and noticed that my sandboxed blog had received a visitor. It was google. Pretty obvious since acording to statcounter the visitor's host name was google and the ISP name was "google Inc."

The visit lasted all of "0 seconds". This tells me that they have so many sites to verify in a day that it has gotten to the point where if your page looks legit to a human on a cursory glance you are clear.

that is nice to know... :twisted:

BTW: seems that I have started to get a bit more traffic coming my way again to this site as of today - wonder if I might have cleared the sandbox again now after this silly business? :-o
Stephen
dreamscaper

Postby Grizzly » Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:01 pm

For what it's worth the Google Shuffle appears to be over - at least with the MMO niche.

If interested on my take on what the "Google Shuffle" seems to be about you can read my comment on Courts new blog.

h**p://thekeywordacademy.com/explanation-of-google-sandboxing-and-ranking-drops/
Grizzly
Site Admin

Return to General Business