[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The Honest Way Forum • View topic - Whats Going On?

Whats Going On?

General online business related discussions go here. NO ADS!

Moderators: magnetize, Oosha, ftello, shezz

Whats Going On?

Postby Jerry » Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:36 pm

I noticed my main blog getting a lot of visits from one site who always used one search engine and one word search terms over and over.
So I investigated and found it's from Microsoft in Renton WA.
Just curious if anyone knows why they would take an interest in me?
Has this happened to anyone else?
Jerry

Re: Whats Going On?

Postby dinheiro » Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:09 pm

If your content it's not spam, they like your blog :mrgreen:

I once had something like that, lots and lots of visits from IBM. Conclusion? They really liked an article i had written.
|
dinheiro

Postby Jerry » Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:53 am

hey dinhiero,
It's my my blog h**p://www.cashblog-n.com (link removed by mod)
It must be a bot I guess cause it'll show up 10 times in just a few minutes for ten different keywords that I don't even rank for.
Seems kinda weird. I know this is off topic, so if no answer-no problem, but if you look at my blog on IE it's suddenly
all screwed up, and it use to look fine, so what's up with that? Any ideas? :roll:
Jerry

Postby dinheiro » Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:44 am

Ithink your problem is the code beginning from the AD that says "Multiply Profits AND automate your business". I see over there that every part have a < LI >, and that's the problem. Try to put text widgets only, if this template is widget ready.
|
dinheiro

Postby Jerry » Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:06 pm

I removed that add dinheiro but still the same.
Oh and sorry about the link-I wasn't trying to drum up any business with it.
The theme is suppose to be widget ready, I didn't know all widgets weren't created equal lol
Whats the difference the widgets? And how do you know which are ok? That particular widget was from Aweber, you
would think it would work properly.
I'm still somewhat new, and really appreciate all the info and help!
Jerry

Postby Tel » Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:13 pm

Jerry, you can put a link to your blog in your sig and the mods won't touch it there. There's an explanation of how to do that in this thread in the Forum Announcements section:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=779#p4477
Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Postby Jerry » Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:49 pm

Thanks Terry,
It's a done deal. But now my blogs messed up on foxfire too(just click on my sig link) I'm trying to figure out whats going on
but lacking on the know-how to really know what I'm doing. I found a website I think will help me get all this resolved
and if that's the case I'll let you know. Gotta go and figure this out :o)
Jerry

Postby Tel » Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:58 am

I just commented on your blog - it looks ok to me on my Firefox.
Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Postby Jerry » Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:13 am

Thanks for your visit Terry,
Yeah I think it's the browser on my computer, but tell me was the AdSense there on your Foxfire? It's there on Google chrome but not Foxfire. So I went to my account and It says my ads are inactive. It's strange IE is screwed up simultaneously . It's frustrating, hell I have enough trouble just getting some content up without dealing with all these other problems. When it rains it pours sometimes I guess. I'll get it figured out though.
Jerry

Postby Tel » Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:49 am

Yeah, your adsense skyscraper block is showing in the first sidebar ok and it all looks ok.

BTW, I don't think you'll get much credibility linking to the likes of Yaro and Darren - both are so-called A-listers who are not exactly flavour of the month with us honest IM'ers! :lol:
Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Postby Jerry » Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:39 am

Thanks Terry,
I appreciate your help, and yeah it's time to update some things, I've been spending most of my time getting some content, and of course some
niche blogs going. Learning as I go, it seems to take so much time to get things done, and just so little time to work on my online stuff.
On the other hand if it takes another year or whatever...well that's ok I'm want to relax and realize I'm in this for the long haul.
Hey I'll get you on my blogroll, you're on my Wordpress.com blog and I found your blog The Honest Way when I first started out, it was a real breath of fresh air.
Jerry

Return to General Business