[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The Honest Way Forum • View topic - Legal Advice Needed, Please Help!!!

Legal Advice Needed, Please Help!!!

General online business related discussions go here. NO ADS!

Moderators: magnetize, Oosha, ftello, shezz

Legal Advice Needed, Please Help!!!

Postby Houston » Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:13 am

Hi all,

I have bought a closeout domain from freshdrop recently. The previous owner contacted me and he said I had stolen his website and contents. He also said that his attorney is pursuing this matter and will get in contact with godaddy and my hosting company.

I replied saying hopefully we can resolve this peacefully but I guess this guy doesn’t really care about the domain anymore, what he cares is whether did I received any deposits from his customers as his company is a LLC.

I hope someone can give me some advice on this urgent matter and I look forward for some help, thanks a million to all!

Houston23
Houston

Re: Legal Advice Needed, Please Help!!!

Postby Tel » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:30 am

You bought the domain legally from GoDaddy as the name had expired. The previous owner is probably more angry at himself for allowing it to expire especially as he is constantly emailed by GoDaddy to inform him of the expiry and even after it has expired, further emails are sent during the time it goes back into the pool and is offered for sale by auction.

As such the previous owner has no legal claim on the domain once it has passed through the auction process and you have paid for and taken possession of the domain. So let him rant and rave all he want, there is nothing he can do legally.

As for his business, again, the onus is on the business owner to keep his affairs in order and he has clearly failed to do that. If it has cost him money, then he ought to go into the corner, put on his dunces cap and lick his wounds.
Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Re: Legal Advice Needed, Please Help!!!

Postby Houston » Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:25 am

Thanks Tel for the advise!

Does anyone here know whether can people from The United States sue another individual out of United States, offshore I mean, sueing individual from US to other countries outside of United States, is it possible? It isn't cheap to sue individual from US to offshore countries right?
Houston

Return to General Business