[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The Honest Way Forum • View topic - PR Update happening

PR Update happening

General online business related discussions go here. NO ADS!

Moderators: magnetize, Oosha, ftello, shezz

PR Update happening

Postby lissie » Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:18 am

Isnt early? Its happening though my flagship went down from 3 to 2 but I have hubs barely a month old which are pr3 - go figure!
Lis
and Controversy!
lissie

Re: PR Update happening

Postby bgmacaw » Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:26 am

Frank Carr from at OpTempo |
| |
bgmacaw

Postby James » Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:31 am

LOL, that's a good one Frank.
James

Postby lissie » Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:52 am

Don't think so Grizz is up from na to to PR 2 - I'm the same as Grizz awh shucks ! :-o
Lis
and Controversy!
lissie

Postby Brawnydt » Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:27 am

Shoot, I thought I'd break the news. Just got three of my month old blogs from nada to PR 3, and one flagship jumped to PR 4. Sweetness. I'm pretty stoked right now.
Brawnydt

Postby BenK » Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:16 am

One of my Flagship blogs just went from PR 2 to 4. I'm stoked. It was sitting at 0 about 4 months ago. I did some work on it and it got to 2. Now it's 4. Yipee. I can probably really use it to leverage new sites in similar niches now!

All my other blogs (10 farm ones) didn't really get effected. They are all like two weeks old and didn't really have any backlinks.

Some of my new money sites went from -1 to 0 now. Let's hope by the next PR, my blogs go up.

Recommended Backlink Networks/programs: [] [] [] []
BenK

Postby BenK » Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:18 am

Is PR 4 considered decent, or is it pretty easy to hit the PR 4/5 range with a few hundred links?

Recommended Backlink Networks/programs: [] [] [] []
BenK

Postby Brawnydt » Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:20 am

PR4 is very decent. And you certainly can use it to leverage new website launches and give them a nice quality backlink.
Brawnydt

Postby Tel » Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:01 am

I was watching this happen last night but was too tired to post about it. My sites were bouncing all over the place PR wise. Interesting - I posted somewhere else that the next PR update wasn't due for another month - ho hum.

That means my experiment with PR6 comment links has proved that comment links are shite - the ones I got are now 2 months old, were quickly counted by G, do-follow - PR6 on the post page. The sites I got them for have NOT improved one iota, not in PR or in SERPs position. Go figure. :roll:
Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Postby nicola » Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:04 am

To all the people who buy pre-owned domains - have you lost the PR on them in the update?
nicola

Postby James » Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:53 am

@ nicola

I bought PR2 and PR3 domains. They still have it :)
James

Postby aprilk » Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:58 am

My pre-owned sites with PR still have it. There are two that went from PR0 to 3 and 4. I could see that the links were really good and knew that once I got some content up there I would be rewarded ;)
April
aprilk

Postby nicola » Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:09 am

Thanks, guys. I'm interested in pre-owned but have heard they can easily lose PR. What do you do to keep them legit? Just good content and more backlins?
nicola

Postby bgmacaw » Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:35 am

I haven't checked every domain yet but no radical changes that I've noticed yet.

As for pre-owneds, I have a domain that I setup as a Scuttle site that's a PR4 by virtue of pre-existing links. I haven't done any link building for it. If you can get Google to count the previous links and these links are good, then pre-owneds can get nice PR.
Frank Carr from at OpTempo |
| |
bgmacaw

Postby aprilk » Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:32 pm

Another tip for keeping the pr is to try and copy the old content. Sometimes you can do this easily if there is a live site on it however sometimes you need go through Google's cache or archive.org. This is especially true if the domain has links pointing to internal pages. Also make sure you put a link in the copied pages to go back to the root of the domain.
April
aprilk

Postby korprit » Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:22 pm

was gonna post about this last night to ask about what i was calling 'PR' flapping. i figured it was datacenters coming to agreement on the PR. some of my sites were bouncing between diffrent PRs.

in any case.....i now run a PR5!!! woohoo!

my farm sites didnt rank as well as brawny's....dammit...but some of them did rank...suppose i should keep to the farms i have and start building them better rather than adding to them.
korprit

Postby Brawnydt » Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:54 pm

The ones that got a boost were ones that had mostly all original content on them and only like one UAW article and one AMA going out for them. Actually, one of my blogs had mostly ezine articles copied straight from ezine, so dup content up the wazzoo, it was a blatant ebay site, and it still ranked PR 3. Woo.
Brawnydt

Return to General Business