[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The Honest Way Forum • View topic - Where to get people photos for our multiple personas

Where to get people photos for our multiple personas

General online business related discussions go here. NO ADS!

Moderators: magnetize, Oosha, ftello, shezz

Where to get people photos for our multiple personas

Postby xxecxx » Fri May 08, 2009 2:53 pm

i wan to make some of my blogs more legitimate, so i need many normal folks photographs that can be used freely

are photos under these usable w/o any problems?
http://www.flickr.com/creativecommons/by-nd-2.0/
http://www.flickr.com/creativecommons/by-2.0/
xxecxx

Re: Where to get people photos for our multiple personas

Postby Tel » Fri May 08, 2009 3:02 pm

Check this site out - all photos can be used as long as they're not commercial. Interpret that as you will!

http://www.sxc.hu/home
Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Postby korprit » Fri May 08, 2009 3:43 pm

tel beat me to it.

i use sxc for damn near every site. if you are decent with photoshop (or gimp - the free linux alternative), it's pretty easy to have 'decent' custom graphics for free :)

and if you look hard enough, you'll find plenty of photos of people
korprit

Postby xxecxx » Fri May 08, 2009 3:48 pm

looking thru now, most photos looked kinda pro, but theres several "gems" saved onto my pc :-)
thanks thanks
xxecxx

Postby korprit » Fri May 08, 2009 4:00 pm

i hesitate to mention this method as it COULD get you in trouble...but i'm not sure how. scan myspace or facebook. you have two options: look for someone who hasn't been on in years and steal their photo. the BETTER method IMO is to find pictures where you can't see the person's face. like bad lighting, or at a picnic with back turned, or a photo of a crowd with several people's faces viewable ("prove i'm not in it!") lol.

all comes down to how professional versus how realistic you want it to look
korprit

Postby xxecxx » Fri May 08, 2009 4:36 pm

i like this idea " photo of a crowd with several people's faces "
xxecxx

Postby Tel » Fri May 08, 2009 5:29 pm

Of course, the obvious way is to simply take a couple of hours out and go for a walk with your digital camera or phone...

I'm pretty lucky as I'm quite near the beach with great looking mountains behind, so a stroll down there on a sunny day can bring me some pretty decent photos of people, vehicles, landscapes, restaurants and bars, dogs... pretty much the full works, really! And they're all copyright free. :mrgreen:
Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Postby xxecxx » Fri May 08, 2009 6:12 pm

ohh..the perfect excuse to pick up the new fujifilm f200exr i have been salivating over
but i will end up shooting pics of girls the whole day instead

but no...all the personas will end up being asians from where i am :lol: :lol: :lol:
some obscure WPMU owner from US is gonna why the heck so many chineses/malays/indians/thais are setting up virtual homes over there
xxecxx

Postby Brawnydt » Sat May 09, 2009 4:36 am

Brawnydt

Postby Tel » Sat May 09, 2009 6:14 am

Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Return to General Business