[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The Honest Way Forum • View topic - PR UPDATE!

PR UPDATE!

General online business related discussions go here. NO ADS!

Moderators: magnetize, Oosha, ftello, shezz

PR UPDATE!

Postby BenK » Thu May 28, 2009 12:22 am

Go check what goodies the Google Santa brought!

Recommended Backlink Networks/programs: [] [] [] []
BenK

Re: PR UPDATE!

Postby Tel » Thu May 28, 2009 8:08 am

So they have - and a month early again. Seems like they're trying to trip people up by doing these updates irregularly. Or maybe the PhDs were having a party and got stoked on coke last night and someone accidentally fell on the "PR Update NOW" red button (while laughing his arse off).

So for me, the usual barely better than nothing thanks a bunch.

:|
Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Postby Scooter » Thu May 28, 2009 9:29 am

PR "0"?

What did your PR used to be?
Scooter

Postby Brawnydt » Thu May 28, 2009 1:32 pm

Woof, that's a bummer Tel. I got 3 new PR 3 sites, 2 PR 2's, and my PR 4's stayed the same.

If I ever get to tour Google I'm going to ask to see their 'PR Update Now Button.' :lol:
Brawnydt

Postby xxecxx » Thu May 28, 2009 4:47 pm

xxecxx

Postby Brawnydt » Thu May 28, 2009 7:33 pm

Brawnydt

Postby TrentBrownrigg » Thu May 28, 2009 9:24 pm

Seems like the sites I don't really care about and rarely do anything with are the ones that either keep the same PR or get a boost on each update. And the sites I do work on a lot are the ones that either never get PR or go down every other update.
* No links here... Search my name if you want to find me!
TrentBrownrigg

Postby Scooter » Fri May 29, 2009 9:27 am

Anyone know how often the Big G does their updating?
I've been noticing some very peculiar activity @ G in the past few days or so...
My latest niche (sites with no PR) has 1 web, about 4 blogs, and 2-3 articles (Ezine, GoArticles, InfoBarrel) and although they yet to have any PR they are returning on page 1 -- generally in the first 5 spots or so. But what's wierd is that late evening they may be listed successively; 1, 2, 4, etc., and 5 hours later when I wake up, POOF... One's listed 4th and the rest are scattered in oblivion... Moreover, I use statcounter and I've noticed an increase in visits to my sites from the Big G too!
I've never seen this much activity before.
Scooter

Postby korprit » Fri May 29, 2009 4:14 pm

my PR5 sank back to a PR4 :( didn't build any links this quarter though so i'm sure that's why. still...time to backlink audit and look for those 'nofollow' or link droppin villains!

other than that, no rank changes for me. my 2 month old site i got a PR6 to out the gate, got PR4. that's a strong start IMO :)
korprit

Postby dreamscaper » Sun May 31, 2009 2:33 am

My own weird experience with G now is that one niche site of mine keeps bouncing from 5th to 1st and back again almost every day or two like clockwork. I am adding links regularly but that doesn't really explainthis ranking behaviour to me.
Stephen
dreamscaper

Postby korprit » Sun May 31, 2009 3:36 pm

i see this behavior a lot. i believe it has something to do with bounce rate. it looks to me like G measures the 'popularity' of your site and ranks you accordingly. if 90% of your users bounce out, and a competitor has 40% users bouncing out, the competitor appears to have a more valid site for the term, regardless of backlinks.

i'm beginning to believe that links get you to the top 10, but then it's quality that carries you from there.
korprit

Return to General Business