[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The Honest Way Forum • View topic - Bing?!

Bing?!

General online business related discussions go here. NO ADS!

Moderators: magnetize, Oosha, ftello, shezz

Bing?!

Postby James » Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:56 pm

I'm getting a lot of traffic from this search engine today => http://www.bing.com/ A lot of my keywords rank well there and I have some serious traffic. Hope it continues :-D

What about you guys?
James

Re: Bing?!

Postby gabbyjay268 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:06 pm

This looks like it is a new version of MSN Live.
gabbyjay268

Postby Brawnydt » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:50 pm

Yea, I'm getting a lot of bing traffic today too I noticed. That's pretty cool.
Brawnydt

Postby DavidO » Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:03 am

I tried out bing and thought it was an iframed google search!

LOL
DavidO

Postby dreamscaper » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:02 pm

Well Bing does have MSN listed at top, but an article I came across today filled me in on some more details: bing is Microsofts new search engine and it actually became available to the public earlier than originally planned. Apparently Matt cutts has been busy trying to cut it down :lol: because it is getting a lot of buzz as anew search option. The details are here:

http://www.webpronews.com/topnews/2009/ ... -with-bing
Stephen
dreamscaper

Postby Brawnydt » Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:31 pm

Gotta love the elevator music it gives you while you search...
Brawnydt

Postby Tel » Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:48 pm

I like Bing a lot - it put my weight loss site in #2 spot for its main KWs and I've had a shedload of traffic from it in the last 2 days. Thank you Bing!
Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Postby Brawnydt » Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:21 pm

You know, as much as I am against anything Microsoft... I kinda like Bing. It feels like I'm getting a hug from my search engine when I search for stuff. There's tons of little features that add personality to it, which is pretty much lacking in Google. I like the image search and the video search too. I think it will do good with the real people market.

Plus it's ranking my sites incredibly well and sending me decent traffic to all of them... that might be biasing my opinion a little.
Brawnydt

Postby pizerule » Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:21 am

Yes, I've developed a quick liking for Bing too, not least because Bing seems to love all of my sites.

I find the preview function extremely useful for pulling out content I can use for my own sites, or at least, getting a quick idea about which sites actually contain content that I can "borrow" and modify for my own needs. A quick hover down the right hand side of the search results and I've got enough content for a whole new article. Good for quickly gathering BCW phrases too.
|
pizerule

Postby Chili » Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:31 pm

Bing rocks! I love the user experience, and most of my sites are on page 1 for my main keywords!
Chili

Postby dreamscaper » Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:10 am

We are all starting to feel the Bing love, so to speak, and our comments here have me thinking something interesting about the engine mechanics of Bing.

Imagine this: Google search algorithms but without the disdain for most new sites (*ahem*, 'sandbox') and with more emphasis given to sites that have got more relevant keyword backlinks and on site SEO going on; in other words a major (or hopes to be) player in the search engine wars sitting back and effectively saying 'okay SEO, you decide - young or old page - who makes page one.' Of course the implicatio0n of this (besides the sweet rankings) is that as soon as most I M people realize the ease of manipulating Bing, the more we will all have to work to keep our high rankings on there. :twisted:

Thoughts? Opinions? Feedback?

BTW, I am writing this on a Friday afternoon after work, drink in hand, with the weekend in my horizon, so if I am off base with my observations please feel free to tell me 'how far', lol...

;-)
Stephen
dreamscaper

Return to General Business