[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The Honest Way Forum • View topic - Can I recycle some posts...

Can I recycle some posts...

General online business related discussions go here. NO ADS!

Moderators: magnetize, Oosha, ftello, shezz

Can I recycle some posts...

Postby lissie » Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:56 am

I have a dead blog - it was one of my first ones - which I did the whole PPP thing and lost my PR - never to regain it. It does have some good travel posts on it though and I am thinking about reusing them elsewhere. The trouble is at the moment they are indexed on dead blog.

If I unpublish the posts I want to reuse - will Google forget? Is there a faster way to give google amnenisa? I just quite like the posts and could use them elsewhere but am too lazy to rewrite them!
Lis
and Controversy!
lissie

Re: Can I recycle some posts...

Postby dgodot » Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:08 am

If it's a self-hosted wordpress blog, you could 301 the old URLs to the new pages...

Best case scenario, this would transfer all the old links and authority to the new locations.
But there's also a chance that Google would kindly transfer your 'preferred' status along with it :roll:

Seems like it would be worth a try though.
dgodot

Postby lissie » Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:17 am

I hadn't thought to to that between domain LMAO! I will check if any of them have any PR to transfer..
Lis
and Controversy!
lissie

Postby Tel » Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:49 am

I had a dead blog last year and allowed the domain to expire (it was a crap domain) but it also had a lot of decent content on there that I'd written. When I made the decision to let the domain die, I copied all the posts into a text file and saved in on my PC, then deleted all the posts from the blog.

Two months later the domain expired and when I checked it with a site: command, none of the posts were indexed any more. I checked the Google cache and only the now parked homepage was showing, so I started posting the old posts onto a new blog, spacing them out to post every two weeks or so. The blog is now PR3 (there's a guest post on there!) and did peak at PR4 a few months ago, long after all the old posts had been published. I don't think the old posts detracted from its authority at all.

So I say just go for it after leaving a couple of months for Google to de-index the posts.
Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Postby lissie » Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:58 am

Its not due to expire until Oct - but I think i may unpublish the posts I want to keep - which is not all of them and see what happens.... Thanks Terry
Lis
and Controversy!
lissie

Return to General Business