[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The Honest Way Forum • View topic - Whats up with Statcounter.com??

Whats up with Statcounter.com??

General online business related discussions go here. NO ADS!

Moderators: magnetize, Oosha, ftello, shezz

Whats up with Statcounter.com??

Postby thechettybear » Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:08 pm

I can't figure out the statistics...

It is showing that I am getting over 600 uniques per day but then when I looking at recent visitor activity or recent keyword activity I don't see but 100-200 different search words. I think it also shows a keyword search for every pageload of one visitor.

What is the deal? I'm not sure how many hits I am actually getting per day...
thechettybear

Re: Whats up with Statcounter.com??

Postby Tel » Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:20 pm

You don't say if your site is self hosted or not. If it is, use awstats in cpanel to get a second opinion.

Statcounter shows page loads in its summary, not uniques. Other than that, I don't have any problems with it - nothing I use it on gets enough traffic to worry about!
Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Postby thechettybear » Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:24 pm

My site is not self hosted. It is a blogspot.

My stats show pageloads and also unique visitors but I don't think it is accurate. Maybe it is but I just can't see everything because my log is limited to 500 so I can only see the last 100 or so visitors who's pageloads add up to 500?
thechettybear

Postby Tel » Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:43 pm

I'm not sure how you can get round that apart from paying to upgrade your account with statcounter, or if it would be worth doing that.
Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Postby leondeana » Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:37 pm

Statcounter will count every page your visitor enters as long as you have it installed on every page.

Do you think that the breakdown under "Popular Pages" would give a somewhat accurate hit count? My top line is my website. I am new to Statcounter myself.

Leon
Leon

| | |
leondeana

Postby DavidO » Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:05 pm

I was bothered by this as well. Enough to ask of the statcoutner forum. I kept getting searches (from msn.com and live.com mostly) where the user would go to my homepage and it would show like 8 page loads within 5 seconds all to the homepage. Their answer was that some users do this (who the hell refreshes a homepage 8 times in a row?). Furthermore it was happening much too often and mostly with msn.com and live.com searches. Some of my traffic from my blogroll links on other sites would do this too. So the page load stat was mucho inflated. But free is free so I can't complain that much.

Man, I wish I had your problem of the log not being bit enough. :-D
DavidO

Postby cherie2710 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:10 pm

Apart from statcounter, i also use google Analytics.

There is a slight difference between the two tracking programs.

If you are using the free statcounter, then you can try to use google analytics.

It is also free. but you need to install the code on every web pages.
Cherie Ang

cherie2710

Postby dinheiro » Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:12 pm

I don't like awstats. Awstats many times count bots from rss sites as unique visitors, putting wrong values in my stats.

It's not superb, but i use sitemeter.com
|
dinheiro

Return to General Business