[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The Honest Way Forum • View topic - Squidoo and NoFollow Links

Squidoo and NoFollow Links

General online business related discussions go here. NO ADS!

Moderators: magnetize, Oosha, ftello, shezz

Squidoo and NoFollow Links

Postby joatsaint » Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:49 pm

I tried inserting hypertext into the body of a text module and it worked. e.g. - <a href="hxxp://xxx.squidoo.com/fixit">fixit</a>

But, the link is nofollow.

Are nofollow links of any value?

Am I a total nuub or what? :-P
Randy
joatsaint

Re: Squidoo and NoFollow Links

Postby Tel » Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:46 pm

Randy, as far as I can see, all squidoo links are do follow. If you want me to check it out, please PM me the link to the lens and I'll have a look.
Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Postby lissie » Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:16 am

REALLY - so whats the point of them? Hubpages live for me then!
Lis
and Controversy!
lissie

Postby Tel » Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:54 am

I checked it out. Seems the lens in question hasn't been ranked yet. That might be the cause of the blanket no-follow as the whole page is - not just in-text links.

All my lenses are still do-follow (even my latest one which is only a couple of weeks old) so no one should be alarmed by this.

It could be that squidoo are finally putting into place a means of deterring spammers by delaying the ranking of new lenses - maybe they come up for a visual inspection first? This is just theorising on my behalf, as they couldn't possibly inspect every new lens when they're being created in their thousands every day.

I'm going to put this to the test right now and create a new lens to see what happens!

But I for one would like to see something like this - maybe short period of no-follow until a lens has been populated with a set amount of text, say 500 words minimum of original content - that would certainly deter spammers and raise the squid in the eyes of Google once more - which is good for honest lensmasters (like me) who put a lot of quality content in their lenses.
Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Postby Tel » Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:50 am

Ok, I built the lens at http://www.squidoo.com/weightdown

Its unranked and no follow throughout. Lets wait a day or so and see what happens when it gets ranked.
Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Postby Tel » Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:07 pm

Ok, its just over an hour and squidoo have updated.

My lens is now do-follow having been ranked at #117,254 down from #650k!

No problem! 8-,
Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Postby DeMerchant » Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:51 pm

So they must be no follow while they are a "work in progress". Look at your "My Lenses" page and if it has a green check beside it it should be do follow I'm assuming.

Get Links With , , , , and
DeMerchant

Postby Tel » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:36 am

yep, that sounds about right. It must be the level of content that determines when a lens is no longer a "work in progress" and they rank it.
Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Return to General Business