[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The Honest Way Forum • View topic - anybody else had glorious moments

anybody else had glorious moments

General online business related discussions go here. NO ADS!

Moderators: magnetize, Oosha, ftello, shezz

anybody else had glorious moments

Postby Glacius » Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:38 am

I'm absolutely doing backflips right now on this one. My blogger site I've been working and pushing towards a pretty hefty keyword is really taking off, and tonight was one of the shining moments for it.

I've realized that my 1 month old blog, is being crawled by google damn near daily.

In the beginning, I was using the standard article backlinks, some mini-sites and other blogs, which I would digg, and stumble and all that crap on them to get my main blog crawled and indexed. With my primary keyword attracting 220,000 searches a month, and using grizz and many of your guys advice, I'm working my way towards that with the long term search tails, basically 1 or 2 at a time until I rank #1 on those, and then move on to the next.

At this point tonight, I ranked #1 for the 3 least competitive long tails in it, and using a rank checker for keywords, I found that my site had moved up to #47 for one of the more competitive long tails. Instantly I saw the opportunity since I had no real articles on this, but a few keyword anchored back links to give it a bit of authority on it. I sat down, wrote a very lengthy, keyword stuffed article on the main blog itself around this long tail, and went to dinner with the wife with the thoughts of coming home to get some more backlinks to it. Low and behold, by the time I got back to dinner, the new article had already been indexed with absolutely no back links to it and had moved up to #5 in the serps, and I've already had 58 visitors on those searches in only 2 hours :)

I'm going to see if this stays steady for a day or two and isn't just some fluke, but google even had some excerpts of the post in the description, and if all goes as planned, I can finally put some adsense on the site and hopefully make some money out of this.
Glacius

Re: anybody else had glorious moments

Postby dreamscaper » Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:39 am

I am happy for you; it is quite something when you see Google crawl your site relatively quickly.
Just keep in mind that if you monetize your site with adsense too quickly (ie under three+ months) you could see your site sandboxed.
Again congrats on your current success.
Stephen
dreamscaper

Postby ejcross » Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:30 am

Being sandboxed isn't if you monetize it to soon. If you start getting good amounts of traffic, expect to be sandboxed.

I had a blogger site set up for a rather, semi competitive keyword phrase. I was getting around 100 visits per day after the second posting and when I got up to about 8 posts, traffic was rolling in rather nicely.

Sandboxed!

It was weird that this site went to a PR3 while in the sandbox, and this last update, it went back to a PR n/a. Not sure if that was a global reset on Google's part or not.

If you do get sandboxed, don't worry. Keep posting articles on it. Keep building backlinks. When it emerges from the sandbox, it will be stronger.

Many people think that when a site is sandboxed, no one is visiting, so why work on it? BIG MISTAKE! This is what Google looks for. How many non-internet savvy people own sites? Do they know what the sandbox is? Do they all of a sudden stop posting on their site when it gets sandboxed? Nope, because they don't know what they sandbox is.

Congrads on your traffic also, it is really nice when you start monetizing it and seeing the money add up!
|
ejcross

Postby benll » Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:18 pm

Congratulations, I hope that it settles down in a good spot for you. I've been fighting the same thing with my main blog. It isn't highly competitive and I'm trying to build traffic. I only get 50-100 visits per day and It's frustrating. It has a PR3 and is ranked #1 for a longtail keyword and around #4 for another, but I can't get away from Pages 12-17 for my main keyword. Whenever I add new content it jumps to Page 1 for a couple of hours then it goes back to pages 12-17. I don't understand it. I wish it would stay on page one a least a whole day so I can see if the traffic will increase. benll
benll

Return to General Business