Another eBay vs Amazon question

Discuss affiliate marketing strategies and products. If you want answers to your affiliate marketing questions, this is the place to post them and find them. NO ADS!

Moderators: magnetize, Oosha, ftello, shezz

Another eBay vs Amazon question

Postby TrentBrownrigg » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:19 pm

Let's say you have a website in a niche selling products that can be found on both Amazon and eBay for roughly the same price. Which one would give better commissions on sales?
* No links here... Search my name if you want to find me!
TrentBrownrigg

Re: Another eBay vs Amazon question

Postby Brawnydt » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:02 pm

Test. Try both is the best thing I can suggest. Some niches convert awesome in EPN, others do much better in Amazon. Just be sure you give the EPN campaign a good month or two to kick in because they start collecting data and keeping a record of how well your campaign does so it's not accurate until they have that.

In general, though this is not the rule, I find mid to lower priced items sell much better on Ebay, and higher priced items sell much better on Amazon due to the inherent trust of Amazon.
Brawnydt

Postby TrentBrownrigg » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:06 pm

Ok, thanks for the tips!
* No links here... Search my name if you want to find me!
TrentBrownrigg

Postby Brawnydt » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:51 pm

However... on the other hand... I make more money on amazon from the *other* things people buy in addition to whatever they clicked on with my site. So... in other cases Amazon would convert good for popular low priced items as well. I'm actually in the process of testing out on my bigger sites what method will make more money. I'm curious what I will find out.
Brawnydt

Return to Affiliate Marketing